This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still gonna buy Bioware games after the worst ending of all time w/ ME3?

#51jessica73Posted 9/2/2013 5:24:22 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
I don't know why people complain about the ending while ignoring how terrible the rest of the game was

well, I certainly don't ignore it whenever I get to talking about how much of a kick in the taco the game was. 5.5-6 effort maybe overall. was a biodrone, day 1 pre-order and all that. after mass defect, Da2, and toranic even escaping conceptual stages, now only the most insane drones are still around. I'm going to gamefly da3, if I even do that
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^
#52GiantOrangePosted 9/2/2013 5:34:59 AM
I don't trust DAwhateverit'scalled after the lameness that was DA2. I'll wait and see. Not diving in at full price, that's for certain.
---
Eli = Elite. Super Bowl XLVI Champs. Eat a bag of ****s.
Go Syracuse! Go Red Wings! Go NY Giants!
#53AskeladdPosted 9/2/2013 5:45:34 AM
dekou posted...
BioWare has been going downhill since BG2, so it's no surprise they've been failing lately. I don't think they'll improve much, but we'll see. At least ME3's multiplayer is fun.

Wow somebody who actually has the same sentiments as me. That is unusual.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#54ThePCElitistPosted 9/2/2013 8:05:11 AM
Except I liked it and I liked the altered versions as well. So yes. I don't share your hivemind of hate.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#55EternalFlame66Posted 9/2/2013 8:15:10 AM
They literally ruined the whole series with that bs ending.

I don't even want to play it anymore after hearing the outrage about the ending. The thing with SP games is that you're basically playing for the ending, and if the ending sucks, the whole game sucks.
---
Such is your fate.
#56GynthaeresPosted 9/2/2013 9:14:07 AM
After Dragon Age Origins (some people liked it, I thought it was a huge disappointment and pretty mediocre overall),
Dragon Age 2 (liked it a little more than DAO, but it was clearly a rushed cash-grab),
Mass Effect 3 (also felt rushed and unfinished, had content cut out to be sold as DLC, and the ending was the worst I've ever seen in a big-name game),
and The Old Republic (generic WoW clone with a Star Wars skin, virtually no new or fresh ideas aside from Bioware dialogue)...

Yeah. I have virtually zero interest in Dragon Age 3. The Dragon Age setting has always been a pretty big failure to me, and Bioware has shown no sign that they're getting better or improving.
I might pick it up when it's on sale, and only after people have confirmed it's a good value, it's relatively finished, it's actually decent, and the ending isn't a slap in the face.

'Course even then, I may have to wait until some gold edition / GotY edition (you know some major publication will give it to DA3) that includes the DLC. I bet most of it won't be a concern for me -- Bioware tends to produce really awful DLC. But, I'm sure I'll want whatever critical piece of content / NPC that they cut out of the game for Day 1 DLC.

dekou posted...
BioWare has been going downhill since BG2, so it's no surprise they've been failing lately. I don't think they'll improve much, but we'll see. At least ME3's multiplayer is fun.

This is actually kind of true. People always talk about how EA ruined Bioware, but... to me, Neverwinter Nights was the worst game they've ever produced. And I just recently went and beat Jade Empire, and man... interesting setting, but the gameplay for that game was just awful, and the game itself was just mediocre. The writing was kinda simplistic too.

Knights of the Old Republic was pretty good, but the sequel was such an improvement (aside from being unfinished) that it makes the original look bad in comparison. Mass Effect had a great setting, but again, pretty awful actual gameplay. And Dragon Age Origins, their mangum opus, was just a colossal disappointment to me. I could write an entire essay about what's wrong with that game.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#57d209999Posted 9/2/2013 9:20:23 AM
How is it that ME3 can still get a 50+ (and most likely 100+) post topic after 18 months?

I don't get it.
---
*under construction*
#58ADHDguitarPosted 9/2/2013 10:51:01 AM
No because Bioware hasn't made a good game since KoToR.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#59SlashmanSGPosted 9/2/2013 10:57:19 AM
d209999 posted...
How is it that ME3 can still get a 50+ (and most likely 100+) post topic after 18 months?

I don't get it.

It's kind of sad, isn't it?

EternalFlame66 posted...
They literally ruined the whole series with that bs ending.

You'd think that this was some sort of joke, but he's actually serious. There are some messed up people out there.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#60DiviDudePosted 9/2/2013 11:02:16 AM(edited)
SlashmanSG posted...
You'd think that this was some sort of joke, but he's actually serious. There are some messed up people out there.

Like I said earlier, mentally equivalent to a toddler throwing a tantrum. Good example.