This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still gonna buy Bioware games after the worst ending of all time w/ ME3?

#91johnny_payPosted 9/3/2013 6:59:11 AM
i think rage had the worst ending of all time, the game just ended.
#92pothocketPosted 9/3/2013 7:02:46 AM
Sorry Vannila, don't know what to tell you other than maybe you should play through the game again because it seems obvious you only watched the scenes in the game once. Then you'd know the ending was anything but "forced".
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#93SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/3/2013 7:04:47 AM
pothocket posted...
Sorry Vannila, don't know what to tell you other than maybe you should play through the game again because it seems obvious you only watched the scenes in the game once. Then you'd know the ending was anything but "forced".

TBH I did sell the game after only one playthrough.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#94jrr18Posted 9/3/2013 7:07:50 AM(edited)
BigB0ss13 posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Legit question, how would you have ended the series?

How I would've ended the series is this. First the good ending. All the people in the galaxy have an epic final showdown at Earth against the Reapers and show them fight in space as well as showing them fight on the ground on Earth. Have like an epic 5-10 minute cut scene showing the final fight. After that Shepard, Anderson and The Illusive Man team up together after The Illusive Man struggles for a little bit and get over his indoctrination. They use the weapon they created and destroy all the Reapers. The number of deaths would be in the billions and but at least the Reapers are gone for good and the cycle ends. Now Shepard can die since he was hit by a Reaper beam if I remember correctly but he would've gave all he had left to stop the Reapers. Or Shepard can survive like a bad ass and be a hero. There's the happy ending.

For the bad ending repeat what I said about the good ending except that Shepard couldn't reach the super weapon in time and dies. The Reapers overwhelm everyone and the Reapers cast a shadow over Earth. They start to gather up all the humans since they were the best race during that 50,000 yr cycle. Then they slaughter everyone in the galaxy but only leave the races that are in their cave man era so the cycle could start again from beginning. They would then show the Reapers working on Shepard and doing some horrible s*** to him and they'd turn him into their leader or something since he would be the closest person to ever destroy the Reapers.

so the destroy ending thats already in the game? I do like the lack of the star child
---
Life+universe+everything=42
PSN jrr101
#95AlavardPosted 9/3/2013 7:19:49 AM
It wasn't just the ending to ME3. The game on the whole showed what Bioware is currently capable of, which just isn't as much as it used to be.

Look at the progression from ME2. Disregarding the slight simplification in gameplay, ME2 was generally regarded as a step up. Great characters, better world building, and a fantastic story hook. Putting together an elite, hardened squadron from a bunch of rag-tag misfits. Yeah! And the suicide mission at the end of the game - that was smart, unique, and provoked a lot of discussion.

ME3 got old fast. Your squadmates were so bland in comparison to ME2. The storyline felt so much more basic and less nuanced. And there was no successor to the suicide mission. I was expecting some crazy challenge at the end of the game, not just having to take down a bigger wave of enemies than usual.

ME3 had some exceptional scenes (the closure for Mordin and that for Thane, for example), but by and large it was just... bland. Big destruction, big destruction, big destruction. It got old fast.

I don't even have that many memorable moments from ME3. When I think back on ME1, I think of the fight against Saren, I think of convincing Wrex to put down his weapon, and I think of Captain Kirrahe's 'hold the line' speech. When I think of ME2, I think of the destruction of the Normandy, discovering the identity of Archangel. I think of the suicide mission. When I think of ME3, I think of Mordin and Thane, and that's about it. That's the problem.

I will give ME3 credit for its multiplayer, but that's not what I'm looking for in future Bioware titles. If ME3 is the best Bioware can do these days, I can think of better ways to spend my gaming time.
#96jrr18Posted 9/3/2013 7:24:13 AM
Alavard posted...
It wasn't just the ending to ME3. The game on the whole showed what Bioware is currently capable of, which just isn't as much as it used to be.

Look at the progression from ME2. Disregarding the slight simplification in gameplay, ME2 was generally regarded as a step up. Great characters, better world building, and a fantastic story hook. Putting together an elite, hardened squadron from a bunch of rag-tag misfits. Yeah! And the suicide mission at the end of the game - that was smart, unique, and provoked a lot of discussion.

ME3 got old fast. Your squadmates were so bland in comparison to ME2. The storyline felt so much more basic and less nuanced. And there was no successor to the suicide mission. I was expecting some crazy challenge at the end of the game, not just having to take down a bigger wave of enemies than usual.

ME3 had some exceptional scenes (the closure for Mordin and that for Thane, for example), but by and large it was just... bland. Big destruction, big destruction, big destruction. It got old fast.

I don't even have that many memorable moments from ME3. When I think back on ME1, I think of the fight against Saren, I think of convincing Wrex to put down his weapon, and I think of Captain Kirrahe's 'hold the line' speech. When I think of ME2, I think of the destruction of the Normandy, discovering the identity of Archangel. I think of the suicide mission. When I think of ME3, I think of Mordin and Thane, and that's about it. That's the problem.

I will give ME3 credit for its multiplayer, but that's not what I'm looking for in future Bioware titles. If ME3 is the best Bioware can do these days, I can think of better ways to spend my gaming time.

hey grunt was badass in the rachni mission
---
Life+universe+everything=42
PSN jrr101
#97JESSE_PlNKMANPosted 9/3/2013 7:37:55 AM
johnny_pay posted...

If we wanna talk worst endings in any game, I think this is a top contender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jr_KKBYRQs

Imagine actually buying this game and getting treated to this after 4 hours.
#98SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/3/2013 7:43:54 AM
JESSE_PlNKMAN posted...
johnny_pay posted...

If we wanna talk worst endings in any game, I think this is a top contender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jr_KKBYRQs

Imagine actually buying this game and getting treated to this after 4 hours.

I don't get it. Is there unresolved stuff from earlier in the game? Is the person who's POV it was a major character?

Seems pretty inoffensive to me.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch