This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX Live account from XBOX 360 to PC?

#1HarmonicWavePosted 9/1/2013 4:46:09 PM
I made an XBOX Live gamer tag on a friend's XBOX 360 a few years ago and now when I try to login to XBOX Live it asks for my Microsoft account, which I made on my PC. When I login with my Microsoft account it's some random gamer tag.

Can I still use the old gamer tag on my PC or do I have to make a new one?
---
I wouldn't call myself a gamer, but rather an explorer, artist and musician. I enjoy exploring worlds and stories created by such people, often found in games.
#2SavageDonzillaPosted 9/1/2013 4:51:54 PM
If you signed into an MSA and got a different gamertag one of two things happened....

1. You are using the wrong MSA when you sign in(most likely cause), or

2. The MSA you signed up with dissolved and when you signed in again, it created a new gamertag.

If it is #2, you need to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and get help. If it is #1, you need to figure out which email it is and try again.

Actually, I'd go ahead and call that number and see what they can do for you.
---
I486SX 33MHz |256MB RAM | IBM EGA 64kb | Dell M990 19" CRT | IBM 200watt PSU
#3HarmonicWave(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 4:57:52 PM
Thanks, I'll call the number. The cause is that I created the gamer tag on a 360 not realizing it was linked to a Microsoft account. Later I created a Microsoft account for my PC without thinking about using it for gaming. Now I want my original gamer tag but with my current account.
---
I wouldn't call myself a gamer, but rather an explorer, artist and musician. I enjoy exploring worlds and stories created by such people, often found in games.
#4HarmonicWave(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 5:50:41 PM
I called and they found the gamertag I mentioned, but they couldn't tell me the email address that goes with it. I asked my friend who had the 360 and he said that one died (red ring of death). If I can't remember the email address I can't use that gamertag, and I've tried logging in with all the email addresses I might have used and none of them seem to be associated with an account. Oh well.
---