The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So this laptop can't run any games decently eh?

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 9/1/2013 7:46:47 PM
A few months back, I made a thread on here asking whether or not there was a laptop that costs $400-$600 that would be able to run games decently, such as Titanfall.

I was given responses such as 'lol' or 'doesn't exist'

however, i did some exploring, and I've seen some $600 laptop on amazon, and a verified customer in the comments section of the product said he was able to play games such as bioshock infinite flawlessly.

Another person who has good knowledge with hardware / specs says this laptop would also be fine :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314183&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6149513&SID=15otsrua1jxf

What do you guys think?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Sony drones, not fans are the worst fanboys in gaming.
#2XNo_FearXPosted 9/1/2013 7:48:26 PM
its okay for light gaming.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#3TimePharaohPosted 9/1/2013 7:50:36 PM
A comment saying "runs the game flawlessly" is literally 100% irrelevant. On high? Low? At 10fps?

But, like you said, you don't care what anyone here says because you've already made up your mind that you know more, so just go buy whatever you want.

And then don't come crying here later of course (you will anyway...)
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#4superstud69xPosted 9/1/2013 7:53:53 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7106/amds-a105750m-review-part-1-the-apu-and-radeon-hd-8650g-performance/3

Appears to be decent for medium settings at 1366x768, but above that it starts lacking,
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#5Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 7:58:12 PM
superstud69x posted...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7106/amds-a105750m-review-part-1-the-apu-and-radeon-hd-8650g-performance/3

Appears to be decent for medium settings at 1366x768, but above that it starts lacking,

what is 1366x768, what does that even mean? and what do you mean when you say above that it starts lacking?

would i be able to run titanfall on medium settings with the laptop (or any other laptop at that price range) or not? and what fps would it be at?
---
#6TimePharaohPosted 9/1/2013 7:58:57 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
what is 1366x768, what does that even mean? and what do you mean when you say above that it starts lacking?

would i be able to run titanfall on medium settings with the laptop (or any other laptop at that price range) or not? and what fps would it be at?

lolwut
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#7Loserman15Posted 9/1/2013 8:04:55 PM
Okay, so he doesn't know a lot about computers. That's what we're here for! seriously.

1366x768 is a resolution, or loosely defined as how sharp everything is. That is the amount of pixels (small things that turn colors to make a picture) the bigger the resolution, the more defined the screen is. Problem is, the more pixels, the harder it is to run. This laptop is a lower resolution, but that is okay because you want it to run smooth first and foremost.

I like AMD's A series CPUs. They have a bit more graphics horsepower than the average integrated graphics.

I would ballpark that it would play Titanfall on 30FPS on medium easily. If not, then 30fps on low would definitely be no problem at all.
#8Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 8:07:28 PM
Loserman15 posted...
Okay, so he doesn't know a lot about computers. That's what we're here for! seriously.

1366x768 is a resolution, or loosely defined as how sharp everything is. That is the amount of pixels (small things that turn colors to make a picture) the bigger the resolution, the more defined the screen is. Problem is, the more pixels, the harder it is to run. This laptop is a lower resolution, but that is okay because you want it to run smooth first and foremost.

I like AMD's A series CPUs. They have a bit more graphics horsepower than the average integrated graphics.

I would ballpark that it would play Titanfall on 30FPS on medium easily. If not, then 30fps on low would definitely be no problem at all.

thanks for not being an arrogant person like many of the pc members are (no offense) .

What exactly is medium settings, high settings, low settings, etc? If i were to guess, I'd say low is 420p, medium is 720p, and high is 1080p. Is that accurate?
---
#9Treason686Posted 9/1/2013 8:11:08 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
Loserman15 posted...

thanks for not being an arrogant person like many of the pc members are (no offense) .

What exactly is medium settings, high settings, low settings, etc? If i were to guess, I'd say low is 420p, medium is 720p, and high is 1080p. Is that accurate?

No. Those are resolutions, just like 1366x768.

Settings would be things like texture quality, shadow quality, special effects (particle) quality, etc.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#10Loserman15Posted 9/1/2013 8:11:50 PM
Well, the resolution can be independent of the game's settings. Typically, you'll always want to run the game at the resolution of your monitor, as if you run lower, things can be stretched or very blurry.

Settings would be things like textures (say, the quality of a brick wall or how detailed your gun is), the quality of the shadows (if you want to improve how smooth the game plays, this would be the first thing I turn down.) The shaders, (just set this on low) and things like post processing effects and motion blur. (I'd turn these both on low too.)

For the smoothest experience with Titanfall, I would definitely get that laptop, and turn most of the settings on low except for perhaps texture quality and a couple other things. Absolutely turn anti-aliasing off (which smooths out "jaggies" on the edges of models, but it can be a huge performance hit) and I'd keep anisotropic filtering low too (which makes it so the textures are a bit less blurry, I believe.)

I hope I helped. :)