This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So this laptop can't run any games decently eh?

#21josh_bPosted 9/1/2013 8:44:10 PM
seeing as my wife has the exact same APU in her laptop with slightly better specs and it runs newer games at low to medium settings I think your in for a disappointment. The only game I tried on that laptop that remained somewhat playable to me was skyrim and the Sims 3.

A laptop like that is simply not built with heavy gaming in mind. If your seriously want to play games on a laptop save up another 300 bucks and get one with a dedicated GPU.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#22Kokuei05Posted 9/1/2013 8:52:44 PM
From: Jimm3rF3rdette | Posted: 9/1/2013 11:44:05 PM | #020
DerPancake posted...
They haven't even released the system requirements for Titanfall.

Is it safe to assume that a laptop that can run...say BF3 will be able to run titanfall?

No because BF3 came out in 2011 and Titanfall comes out in 2014. A better comparison would be if you could run BF4 which I won't be able to.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y
#23Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 8:53:11 PM
josh_b posted...
seeing as my wife has the exact same APU in her laptop with slightly better specs and it runs newer games at low to medium settings I think your in for a disappointment. The only game I tried on that laptop that remained somewhat playable to me was skyrim and the Sims 3.

A laptop like that is simply not built with heavy gaming in mind. If your seriously want to play games on a laptop save up another 300 bucks and get one with a dedicated GPU.

dude, im fine with medium settings. max i want to spend is $600, although im not going to buy the laptop until black friday, so perhaps i have some time for a sale?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Sony drones, not fans are the worst fanboys in gaming.
#24josh_bPosted 9/1/2013 8:56:40 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
josh_b posted...

dude, im fine with medium settings. max i want to spend is $600, although im not going to buy the laptop until black friday, so perhaps i have some time for a sale?

ah well all I can say is good luck.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#25Loserman15Posted 9/1/2013 9:11:04 PM
I think you are going to have to deal with low settings. Everything I said was indeed hypothetical, in terms of how it'll run, because nobody will know. However, if you can save up a bit more, and want a more consistent experience, I really suggest this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312438

It has two GT560M's in it. So for 200 dollars more, you get a very very sizable difference in power.

I still think the other laptop will play Titanfall okay, but I don't think you'll be very satisfied.
#26thebladeofwoePosted 9/2/2013 1:22:05 AM
well the laptop in my sig runs loads of games at medium-high (all dependant on the game) Tomb Raider on high tress FX off of course but a steady 30-40fps.

the new splinter cell. high with the same ballpark of fps.

blops2 medium (solid) 60fps

But BF3 i only get 60 fps on low! so titanfall will suffer for me. seriously AMDs A series APUs are really good. but the game that need serious cpu and gpu power end up getting smashed.

either get a better laptop or build a pc TC.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#27Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 12:20:52 PM
thebladeofwoe posted...
well the laptop in my sig runs loads of games at medium-high (all dependant on the game) Tomb Raider on high tress FX off of course but a steady 30-40fps.

the new splinter cell. high with the same ballpark of fps.

blops2 medium (solid) 60fps

But BF3 i only get 60 fps on low! so titanfall will suffer for me. seriously AMDs A series APUs are really good. but the game that need serious cpu and gpu power end up getting smashed.

either get a better laptop or build a pc TC.

how is playing bf3 on low settings? are the graphics terrible? i'm not very familiar with how bad a game will be on low.

and can you give me a link to that laptop you have in your sig so i can see how much it costs?
---
#28SlaynPosted 9/2/2013 12:29:25 PM
This topic has gone on far too long. You are spending a very low amount of money for what you want to do, asking about a game that hasn't even had it's specs released yet. No one can give you a definitive answer. We can speculate that the game will most likely run, but it will not be smooth or great looking. For your price, there isn't really much you can do. Most likely for your price, that is about as good as you get, unless you find a clearance or refurb model somewhere.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#29ShubPosted 9/2/2013 12:29:54 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
how is playing bf3 on low settings? are the graphics terrible? i'm not very familiar with how bad a game will be on low.

Look it up on YouTube.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#30Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 12:42:15 PM
Slayn posted...
This topic has gone on far too long. You are spending a very low amount of money for what you want to do, asking about a game that hasn't even had it's specs released yet. No one can give you a definitive answer. We can speculate that the game will most likely run, but it will not be smooth or great looking. For your price, there isn't really much you can do. Most likely for your price, that is about as good as you get, unless you find a clearance or refurb model somewhere.

Who's forcing you to reply? You are more than capable of ignoring this topic. And others here have given me good responses.
---