This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Desktop battery?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Desktop battery?

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
3 years ago#1
Someone once mentioned to me that it was possible to put a battery in a desktop computer so that it wouldn't shut off if the power flickered and would give you time to save your work and shut it down normally if a full blown blackout occurred. Was there any truth to this or were they just messing with me?
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 years ago#2
Battery backups are what I use. They are outside the desktop and keep it from turning off during an outage
Black 2 FC: 1593-5449-4573 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#3
It's true, except it doesn't go IN your desktop. It's a big heavy box with a large battery in it that you connect to your wall outlet and it typically has several outlets of its own that you connect your computer and monitor to. It's called a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

mizukage2
3 years ago#4
Shub posted...
It's true, except it doesn't go IN your desktop. It's a big heavy box with a large battery in it that you connect to your wall outlet and it typically has several outlets of its own that you connect your computer and monitor to. It's called a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).

Cool, do they sell those at Newegg?
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
Sure they do. They're not hard to find. Good brands include APC and Cyberpower. I would imagine Tripp-Lite is OK as well but I have no experience with their UPS. Outside of those three, tread with caution.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

mizukage2
3 years ago#6
Cool, thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Desktop battery?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived