This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Arma series worth getting into?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Arma series worth getting into?

User Info: XNo_FearX

XNo_FearX
3 years ago#1
For some reason I always thought the Arma series was a RTS lol.. I didnt know it is a simulation. How is the series though? Is it hard to get into?
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
3 years ago#2
Controls are a pain, pace is slow (duh), but it can be a ton of fun once you find the right server. Also, DayZ.
Fear is a leash.

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#3
The learning curve will push some away. With a team of players who know what they are doing, this game is hella fun.

Also be ready for a ton of long range firefights. Most battles are 3-400 meters away.

I really don't get tired of being pinned down somewhere and calling in air support and watching the barrage of tracers from the stealthhawk clear the area.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: biohazard1775

biohazard1775
3 years ago#4
It's got quite the learning curve but if you came for tactics and planning then you came to the right place.
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Arma series worth getting into?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived