This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can someone help me out?

#1turnip55Posted 9/2/2013 12:43:47 AM
So ive recently started my own gaming channel on YouTube and I thought it would be a good idea to ask around what people enjoy watching and dont like watching, what entertains you? What are your pet hates when it comes to watching videos? What grabs your attention? Also if you have any advice or criticisms to share? Im not here begging for subs ECT, if your sincerely interested in seeing my channel then let me know, but im here to learn and grow as a game commentator. Thanks for reading and looking forward to your replies :)
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/2/2013 12:50:10 AM
Things I hate watching: You
Things I like watching: Not you

Hope that helps
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3turnip55(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 12:55:33 AM
TimePharaoh posted...

Hope that helps

Clever :) next joke please, im about to explode with excitement!
#4DerPancakePosted 9/2/2013 12:59:14 AM(edited)
1.)Don't talk about your life, no one cares unless you are already popular.
2.)Gameplay is not really as important as people make it out to be, but when you are new on the commentary scene its very important.
3.)When you are talking about a topic, get to the point as fast as you can, no one cares about what gun you are using, how many kills you got, etc.. (this goes for the Call of Duty commentators who talk about the gameplay for like 2 minutes and make the video longer than it should be)
4.)Keep the commentary short but long enough to give time to talk about your topic (3-5 minutes average). A lot of youtube viewers have low attention span, so it is very important to hook your viewers int he first 30 seconds.

Show me your channel so I can see your commentaries to know what they are about and I can help you more.

TimePharaoh posted...

Hope that helps

TimePharaoh with another wise answer from his world of wisdom.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#5turnip55(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 1:05:28 AM
Thanks for the advice man, atleast someone has an ounce of intelligence about them unlike someone who isn't even worth mentioning. Ill try and our what you say into practice. I will send you a private message with a link :)
#6TimePharaohPosted 9/2/2013 1:08:16 AM
So you ask me to tell you what I like and don't like, I tell you, and then you insult me for telling you?

You're going to make it far in the youtube community, sensitive people tend to be successful and liked.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#7daemon_danPosted 9/2/2013 1:20:22 AM
So normally I would say ignore DerpCake, but I guess he's stupid enough to know what the common, half- r****ed people on youtube like. So his advice seems solid
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#8DerPancakePosted 9/2/2013 1:28:53 AM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
So normally I would say ignore DerpCake, but I guess he's stupid enough to know what the common, half- r****ed people on youtube like. So his advice seems solid

I love how every topic I post in you always have to name me, its like you are in love with me.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#9daemon_danPosted 9/2/2013 1:30:24 AM
I'm actually just using the nickname Snuckie came up with. It fits.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#10ShpooplePosted 9/2/2013 1:33:14 AM
Whenever someone posts this kind of stuff I just instant dislike them. Because that means you've watched these LPs and stuff with people like that PewDiepew or whatever, and thought "I want to be just like them!! (followed by probably something like xD)".