The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first PC you ever had you can remember?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first PC you ever had you can remember?
2 years ago#1
I got my first computer back in 1996 thereabouts.

It had an AMD K6/2 233Mhz, 2MB SiS Video Board, 64MB of Ram, Unknown speed CD-Rom drive, a 3GB HDD. 1.4 Floppy Drive, and a 56k modem.

The PC survived two OS generations, it initially installed with Windows 95, and then eventually upgraded to Windows 98 2nd Edition. I even remember how this computer failed. Something to do with a strange E:\ drive with an unrecognized partition popping up one day which should have never existed. Trying to access it caused the computer to lock up and go into a repeatable blue screen loop and eventually did not even boot anymore.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
2 years ago#2
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w2k85c&s=5
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
2 years ago#3
Not sure what qualifies as a 'PC'. But this was the first computer my family had:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_32/64

Played my first ever video games on it!
2 years ago#4
I honestly can't remember what it was. I didn't really get into computers until about 8 years ago and even then it was just for simple games at the start. All I can remember was it had a match game on it and a maze game.

Also looked something like this

http://media.bestofmicro.com/IBM-PC,P-R-194031-3.jpg

Now the first pc I really remember I got in I think 2000 which was the family pc. It was a gateway with a 433mhz processor and no telling what amount of ram or what it used for graphics. It came with Windows 98se and I used that pc for so many years.
2 years ago#5
I can recall when I was 13, I bought an IBM 386sx for $895 AUD. It was my very first computer.

Of course, being young and inexperienced, I must of deleted some files that were needed,
and the computer wouldn't start after that. Eventually lost interest and threw it out.

Only until recently that I finally bought another computer. My second computer now. Luckily,
I've had plenty of experiences with computers over the ages, and now a lot more knowledge and know how to not stuff this one up.
---
Gaming in the 90's > Everything else
2 years ago#6
Acer Aspire in this commercial http://youtu.be/KJZbYtMuU1I

Not sure which model but mine had a 486 (commercial mentions pentium)
16mb ram
1gb hd (the only part I still have left from it today)
2 years ago#7
When I was a kid, the family computer was some Packard Bell with a 233MHz Pentium, 64MB of RAM, 4GB hard drive, and Windows 95. Eventually my mother's friend upgraded it to Windows 98, and we later installed a CD burner. I still have the hard drive but the rest is long gone.
---
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Antec Neo Eco 520C | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7
2 years ago#8
My first PC had a 233 MHz Pentium 2, 16 MB of RAM, a 2 Gb HDD and the normal peripheries like a 16X CD drive, a floppy drive and some crappy video card. Later on, I upgraded it to have 64 MB of RAM and a Voodoo 2.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#10
All I remember is that it was a Packard Bell with Windows 95.
---
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first PC you ever had you can remember?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived