This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Project Spark!

#1cjburn851Posted 9/2/2013 3:56:33 AM
I only just recently saw some footage of this game, and it's piqued my interest. It just seems
like a simplified game maker, which isn't a bad thing. It's gonna be released for xbox 360,
xbox one, and windows 8 apparently.

But anything involving creating and imagination is gonna draw me regardless.

What are your thoughts on this game?

Would it be worth buying or would it just be better to get a game making software?

This is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m37sVEgJrOA
---
Gaming in the 90's > Everything else
#2Rolen47Posted 9/2/2013 4:03:18 AM
I think it's funny that they're pretending to play the game in real-time with controllers. But besides that I'm always suspicious of unfinished games with big ideas ever since the disappointment of Spore. Best to just wait for the game to get closer to being finished before getting excited about it.
#3OmegaDL50Posted 9/2/2013 4:09:09 AM
If this is anything like the XNA Game Studio this will be limited at best. I would think someone who wanted to devote some time to develop a project may likely invest their time in learning something like Unity.

Considering how Microsoft treated the XBLIG platform and most XNA submissions in general, I'm somewhat hesitant.

While I am not particularly interested in the XB1 outside of Forza 5. Perhaps this Project Spark will exceed my expectations but considering my experience with XNA, It will take a LOT for me to consider this thing seriously.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.