This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to reapply thermal paste in a sager laptop!

#61OraclefoxPosted 9/2/2013 6:54:01 PM
If you increase the fan speed, that will increase heat dissipation and lower your temps unless the fan is having issues with the bearings, then that will only increase the deterioration of the bearings. The other main negative point is noise.

I'd be surprised if increasing the fan speed did much to alleviate you of 90C temps though. I'm not too familiar with laptop temps and heat dissipation compared to PC, but 90C seems really high--like to the point of there being some issue that needs to be dealt with outside of minor software/hardware tweaks.
---
PSN: CLeJack
#62ATARIJAWAPosted 9/2/2013 9:54:00 PM
Stupid value brand laptops. They are cheaper but their build quality is freaking terrible. I guess you get what you pay for.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#63Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 10:00:52 PM
This laptop is not cheaper! It's not (popular) like Alienware or msi because its the only brand you can build with a laptop. Know what your talking about before you write something.

Sager and Clevo are very big names in the gaming laptop world. The computer was as expensive as an Alienware.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#64ATARIJAWAPosted 9/2/2013 10:14:25 PM
I know what I'm talking about. I've had a little bit of everything over the last 10 years. MSI, Sager, Clevo, ASUS. Pretty much everything but an Alienware. Sager and Clevo are big names in the laptop world. I'm not denying that, but their build quality is not as good.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105