This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whether or not you like AMD or NVIDIA, you must admit....

#11GreenMage7Posted 9/3/2013 12:29:18 AM
Slayn posted...
There isn't a single benchmark that AMD wins at against Intel.

It wins in most fully multi-threaded benchmark at similar price points.

Especially important ones like 7-zip and Excel.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/2

6xxx vs i3, 8xxx vs i5, etc. It actually beats i7 Intel processors in some tasks.

Unless you want to bring up that joke $800 processor. I'll help you make fun of that.
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/3/2013 12:32:55 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Never said it did. Intel is just better core for core. Of which, AMD's best processor has 4, with 4 integer clusters, and has very few things it's better at than an intel processor. Especially one with HT

Except nearly every fully multi-threaded application that exists while being way cheaper? What on earth does how the architecture is built have to do with performance in such tasks? Everyone knows about the single-threaded performance. Nothing truly CPU-intensive is single-threaded anymore.

Uh, are you sure you actually know what you are talking about?

Do you actually use your computer for things that use your full CPU power for that matter?

Forget it, I'm just going to leave. You can "win".

If you want to run a renderfarm, yeah, Bulldozer is okay, except that it'll eat more power, so you'll probably pay your initial savings back in a few years.
Also, most CPU-bound games are actually single or dual threaded, or very heavily reliant on one or two threads for most of the performance.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#13GreenMage7Posted 9/3/2013 12:39:02 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If you want to run a renderfarm, yeah, Bulldozer is okay, except that it'll eat more power, so you'll probably pay your initial savings back in a few years.
Also, most CPU-bound games are actually single or dual threaded, or very heavily reliant on one or two threads for most of the performance.

GreenMage7 posted...
Because of the context of the thread means this about gaming, and seems to only be referencing performance, then it is correct. Intel is best.

I know. I said it in like the fourth post. Here it is again.