This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

D3 refuses to install on my PC for some reason. Help?

#1superstud69xPosted 9/3/2013 12:12:58 AM(edited)
Relevant PC Stats-

W8
i7-3770k
MSI GTX 780
16 GB RAM
2 TB Seagate HDD

When D3 originally came out, I was using a laptop from late 2008 that barely played it on the lowest settings, and would ALWAYS crash midway through exiting the church/cathedral in Act 1 (yeah, I never got very far due to that).

So, now that I have better computer that can easily max it, I went to download it, and it refuses to work.

Sometimes, it will just sit there saying "checking for updates" for a few minutes before directing me to go here ( https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBTS00007 ). Sometimes it will just check for updates until I close the window. And sometimes it will update to 40-60% and then give me the error.

I've tried everything the page has mentioned.

Adobe- re-installed the latest version.
Secondary log-on is on.
I've closed everything from Steam to Firefox and everything in between while running the installer.
MSE is the only security program running and I don't remember how to disable it (and I honestly doubt that it's the problem)
And I don't have any other battle.net programs installed.

I have no idea how to fix this.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2SlaynPosted 9/3/2013 12:12:50 AM
Consider yourself lucky.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#3TimePharaohPosted 9/3/2013 12:17:43 AM
It's doing you a favor don't complain.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#4superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 12:54:30 AM
Slayn posted...
Consider yourself lucky.

TimePharaoh posted...
It's doing you a favor don't complain.

What can I say, I'm a masochist.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#5ArnzillazorPosted 9/3/2013 2:07:16 AM
You can always just get a PS3.

Hahaha. Please don't. Hopefully you get it working!
#6superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 2:12:32 AM
Arnzillazor posted...
You can always just get a PS3.

Hahaha. Please don't. Hopefully you get it working!

Actually, my launch 60GB PS3 is still going strong (well, except for the BR laser not working, but that'll be fixed soon enough). And I would prefer to play it on PC.
---
#7skychanPosted 9/3/2013 2:23:05 AM
maybe its w8......
try w7?
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan
#8SlaynPosted 9/3/2013 3:36:45 AM
So for the downloader, aren't there settings for it? You can disable things like peer to peer transfer?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#9superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 12:09:44 AM
OK, possibly related issue. A few days ago ( a day or so before the D3 issue), I tried downloading Jade Empire on my Gamefly client, and it would also get up to 40ish percent, and then stop downloading. After a few tries, I opened up task manager to monitor it while it DL'ed and up to the 40ish percent, it showed CPU, RAM and hard drive activity, but at the 40ish percent mark the hard drive activity stopped while the CPU and RAM parts kept going.

So, I uninstalled the entire GF client, and now that won't work either. When I ran it, it installed and said it needed an update, but the button in the client told me there was an error with the download. I then got GF updater, which updated the client, but now all it says is "Sorry, this program is unavailable right now".

I have no idea what the heck is going on here. I just tested Steam, and that DL'ed a 1ish GB game in its usual 2 minutes. I downloaded a video from FF using Download Helper, and that had no issues. I DL'ed the Amazon game client and was able to DL 3 games with it. I DL'ed the Uplay client for the free copy of Splintercell Blacklist from my 780 and had no problems with that.
---
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 9/4/2013 12:12:17 AM
The gamefly client is just freaking awful, I had to download Saints Row 2 and it was the biggest pain in the ass trying to get it to fully download.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi