This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good cheap power supply tester.

#1triple sPosted 9/3/2013 7:03:37 AM
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-24-pin-Power-Supply-Tester/dp/B005CTCD6S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

^^^Just curious if this will do the trick. I've been having problems with my games stuttering after about 5 minutes of play and think my PSU is the problem after trouble shooting.

GPU-Not the problem. I switched my GTX 680 with my kids GTX 460 and have the exact same problem.

RAM-Same, switched with my kids RAM and have the exact problem.

HDD-Switched games to different HDD and have the same problem

CPU-Not 100% on this, but know my temps have been staying real low when testing.

PCI-E-Switched slots, same problem.

So pretty much all signs would point to the PSU right? I also noticed that youtube videos have the same slowdown as well.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#2ShubPosted 9/3/2013 7:12:01 AM
The problem with consumer-level power supply testers is that they don't let you specify a load, so even if your PSU is the source of your problem, if the problem does not occur at a low load, the tester will just tell you you're A-OK and you'll still be at square one. There's not much you can do about that with cheap equipment, unfortunately.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:19:50 AM
So I'm guessing that stands for any power supply under the $50 range?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#4ShubPosted 9/3/2013 7:25:32 AM
Yes, add a couple of zeros to that figure and then we're talking.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.