This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for PC vs Console gaming stats depending upon region.

#1JudgmenlPosted 9/3/2013 7:49:58 AM
Or other reputable sources depicting popularity (even sales figures) of Europe vs NA vs Japan.
---
`1337_FF_GoD` - Presenting the 5DS - Video Games on Motorcycles
http://i.imgur.com/Jb58DQv.jpg - Tanks Nade!
#2AsellusPosted 9/3/2013 7:50:58 AM
Not gonna find it. Most of the pc gaming market is digital these days and none of the major dd outlets release public sales figures.
#3SinisterSlayPosted 9/3/2013 7:52:20 AM
I wish they would release sales figures.
It could show the AAA devs that PC is the way to go, forget the consoles.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4Judgmenl(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:54:52 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

No, that's not the intent of my research, I am trying to prove that European gamers are more PC-centric and Handheld-centric than US gamers and that Japanese are more Handheld-centric than Americans.

I want to write up about the great social melting pot that are gaming websites, and that how one person can say something is popular and how another can be in minority and disagree.

This is something that happens on GameFAQs or Reddit all of the time. Even on PCH, many people here lean towards specific games because they're regional or cultural. I would be interested in running polls trying to find out how many Europeans or Americans we have, and what games they play.
---
`1337_FF_GoD` - Presenting the 5DS - Video Games on Motorcycles
http://i.imgur.com/Jb58DQv.jpg - Tanks Nade!
#5SinisterSlayPosted 9/3/2013 7:57:30 AM
Far as I know, consoles generally rule everywhere except places like Russia where piracy is rampant.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6kratospwnsnoobzPosted 9/4/2013 10:47:38 PM
Judgmenl posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

No, that's not the intent of my research, I am trying to prove that European gamers are more PC-centric and Handheld-centric than US gamers and that Japanese are more Handheld-centric than Americans.

I want to write up about the great social melting pot that are gaming websites, and that how one person can say something is popular and how another can be in minority and disagree.

This is something that happens on GameFAQs or Reddit all of the time. Even on PCH, many people here lean towards specific games because they're regional or cultural. I would be interested in running polls trying to find out how many Europeans or Americans we have, and what games they play.

No,

Anglo countries whit the ecception of Australia: Xbox
Western Europe: PS3
Japan: Handhelds
Eastern Europe and Asia: PC
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#7kratospwnsnoobzPosted 9/4/2013 10:48:14 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

DO you think they don't track their own sales figures?
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#8Panzer_SquidPosted 9/4/2013 11:02:45 PM
kratospwnsnoobz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Apparently not as they're always surprised by the figures
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#9TimePharaohPosted 9/4/2013 11:04:24 PM
kratospwnsnoobz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

He's talking about OTHER peoples. Obviously you see your own numbers, he said he wants AAA developers to see other peoples sales so they know there's a strong userbase.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png