This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rome total war 2's optimization, holy crap.

#31Ikari GendoPosted 9/3/2013 7:05:55 PM
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Cacciato posted...
I think it's more along the lines of 'the ones with problems are a vocal minority'.

Fanboy Detected.

Actually if you look at the polls on twcenter, most people don't have problems. But most people that do have problems are posting about it.... the people that don't have problems are playing the game.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant, because it sucks that it's happening to a significant amount of people, but internet forums are mostly the vocal minority.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#32Cool_Dude667Posted 9/3/2013 8:44:37 PM
Ikari Gendo posted...
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Cacciato posted...
I think it's more along the lines of 'the ones with problems are a vocal minority'.

Fanboy Detected.

Actually if you look at the polls on twcenter, most people don't have problems. But most people that do have problems are posting about it.... the people that don't have problems are playing the game.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant, because it sucks that it's happening to a significant amount of people, but internet forums are mostly the vocal minority.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I have definitely been getting terrible graphical bugs which is a shame :(
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#33CacciatoPosted 9/3/2013 8:50:01 PM
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Cacciato posted...

Fanboy Detected.

Yeah, champ, that's what it is. There's no reason to throw that around when you can't get your computer to run it. There are several other people that already said they didn't have any problem.
#34TheOtherGuyXPosted 9/3/2013 9:04:28 PM
I take you've never purchased a Total War game on its release date before. I thought it was common knowledge by now to wait at least a year to buy one of these games, until the bugs get ironed out and the community mods the garbage AI and various other shortcomings.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#35somebody336Posted 9/3/2013 11:01:42 PM
I regret supporting this game at full price now :/
#36beezer08Posted 9/4/2013 12:18:44 AM
Buggy and dumbed down is what I'd describe it as right now. Still fun, but they got some work to do ASAP
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#37SnipeStarPosted 9/4/2013 2:22:23 AM
SnipeStar posted...
so this only happens on laptops?

---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#38SycoPosted 9/6/2013 3:13:43 PM
TheOtherGuyX posted...
I take you've never purchased a Total War game on its release date before. I thought it was common knowledge by now to wait at least a year to buy one of these games, until the bugs get ironed out and the community mods the garbage AI and various other shortcomings.

The reason they are constantly released in this state is because people are actually OK with the above scenario. With that record of service the company should have lost support years ago, like so many other developers who pull the same garbage year after year.

Gamers, sadly, make it quite clear that, yes, we will pay full price for an unfinished product and hope it actually gets fixed several months down the line.
#39Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/6/2013 3:51:19 PM
pc master race
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#40JKatarnPosted 9/6/2013 4:33:05 PM
GiantOrange posted...
Cacciato posted...
What're the specs of your computer? I just rebuilt mine and I'm running it just fine on Extreme. A few hiccups here and there, but nothing major. A lot of the people I saw complaining on the TWCenter forums drastically overestimated their ability to run the game.

This.

And besides, if you've played any of these game at launch, you know to expect this kind of crap early on seeing as how this is CA's MO.

Yeah, it's doubtful you were able to run Shogun 2 "maxed", and yet have problems with this game.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES