This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How trustworthy is ebay? Want to purchase but feel sketched out about it.

#11Master_BassPosted 9/6/2013 8:54:42 AM
You could try selling on Amazon. They'll still charge you a fee, but I don't think it's that much for computer parts.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#12zergslayer69Posted 9/6/2013 10:58:35 AM
Ebay is fine, my account has over 100 feedback, most of which is from buying from others, and I've sold a few laptops. No problems to this point. As long as the seller has good feedback, you're set. And paypal will side with you if you have the necessary proof to show you aren't at fault.
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#13Ep1taph303Posted 9/6/2013 3:18:53 PM
You can always whine and complain if you're a buyer who's not happy and mommy ebay will get the bad guy for you.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#14Lord_XandrosPosted 9/6/2013 3:26:23 PM
Master_Bass posted...
You could try selling on Amazon. They'll still charge you a fee, but I don't think it's that much for computer parts.

Don't you need a paid subscription to sell on Amazon?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#15redrum187Posted 9/6/2013 4:14:09 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
Master_Bass posted...

Don't you need a paid subscription to sell on Amazon?

no it's free. if it's your first time selling i believe they make you wait 30 days until you can request cash for your sale. i have sold on both amazon and ebay but nothing in the last 18 months.
---
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
#16OrgeLambartPosted 9/6/2013 4:52:00 PM
I've bought loads of stuff from Ebay and have had no issues getting my items and them being just as described.

I've bought tons of stuff from Amazon Marketplace over the years and had on issue, someone sold me a dvd which they never send, after contacting Amazon they promptly refunded my money and I went on about my business.

I'd trust Amazon far more than I would Ebay as far as buying and selling goes. Amazon always makes things right, I haven't had enough experience with Ebay to know if they are capable and willing to fix issues.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#17R i c kPosted 9/6/2013 5:15:26 PM
EBay is fine but usually my last stop when looking for something. Even if a seller has great feedback, I check to see what the negatives say. If there's a common trend of the seller making dumb mistakes then I won't buy even if they have like 98% positive feedback. Negative feedback for slow shipping or something is fine, a trend of sending the wrong items or not replying to contacts, though, is not.

For reference, after many, many years of buying things online I've only had like 1 or 2 issues buying from EBay and I've had about the same amount buying from third party sellers on Amazon. It's not about whether or not you have issues but whether or not they can be resolved and I've never had a problem getting things resolved. Amazon is particularly fast about resolving issues, though. I've gotten full refunds in just a couple hours from Amazon. Very nice.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#18NavexPosted 9/7/2013 6:26:58 AM
You have nothing to fear with eBay as a buyer as I'm a user of both (Amazon and eBay, sell and buy om both as well) and with the way eBay fears customer retaliation I'm willing to bet their customer service is better than Amazon's. They are *****s to sellers though. 98% feedback? Good god that's good, I would never judge a seller solely based on the number, as you should actually read their feedback scores and see what's what as many buyers are just little ****s who screw with sellers since sellers can't leave negative feedback on them anymore.
---
Luke Jaeger's Sleep Terror New Album and Live Show Fund:
http://igg.me/at/SleepTerror Any bit helps, thanks!
#19SlaynPosted 9/7/2013 6:40:04 AM
I used to use ebay a LONG time ago when it was first around. I loved ebay. It was cheap to buy and sell, generally never had any problems.... then it became so popular, you can't really find good deals. Then they started adding tons of junk on there, so when I search for a car part, I find parts from Hondas, because some idiot wants to include every maker of every car on his page. Then they jacked up the fees to insane amounts. Now I hear horror stories such as the one above, where people buy stuff, and sometimes even junk it or say they never got it, and ebay/paypal usually stick to the side of the buyer.

Now specifically for what you are purchasing, green-sum and dreamseller are the top two trusted sellers of these very popular Korean monitors. I can all but guarantee you will not have issue with either of these sellers. I recently purchased from this guy, they sell tons of these things. If you just got "hacked", it sounds like you had a virus, so I am not sure what to say... that is about the only way you can get your account stolen.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#20Star_Nuts(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:43:42 AM
LOL! The seller finally contacted me and said that he already shipped the item. What sucks is I already ordered another monitor on Amazon but it wasn't nearly as cheap. I just sent the Amazon seller a request to cancel. Hopefully they get my cancellation request early enough to cancel the shipment. I have no idea what ebay customer support is smoking because when I called them, they said the order was cancelled and the item was not shipping. I told them I was worried about ordering another monitor and then I'd receive both and have to pay for the shipping. They assured me it was cancelled and there won't be an issue ordering another monitor. I know this is ebay's fault for misinforming me that my account was hacked and that the order was cancelled, but I feel like giving the guy a bad review for ignoring my messaged for so long. Guess I'll see what happens with this whole thing and maybe I'll get over it in a week.
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/san_diego_chargers-3705.gif