This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have 1 year on my warranty, should I send in laptop or wait?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have 1 year on my warranty, should I send in laptop or wait?

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
3 years ago#1
I have a Clevo gaming laptop and it has been great, but lately is running hot.

I have been hitting low to mid 90s while playing arma 3 and bioshock. I hit 104c during a CPU stress test after 3 minutes. I also have the faintest squeak when one of my fans speeds up- it happens early but I can still hear it squeak for a second.

I contacted my retailer, mythlogic, and they said I could send it in to have them clean it and repaste. It's free because of my warranty.

I have a 2 year warranty and am already a year in, so I have another year on my warranty.

What should I do? I could try and repaste and use a cooling pad. Try and lower temps myself and if it gets totally out of control send it in then. I do have a year left on warranty.

I could send it n now and lose my laptop for three weeks.

What would you do?
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

Voelger
3 years ago#2
It won't be totally free, they said if the fan if fine and its just a tuning and repaste, they expect me to pay shipping back. If its broken they pay for all
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
3 years ago#3
Send it in. I'd rather pay shipping, which won't be much, than have something fry.

User Info: CNLSanders

CNLSanders
3 years ago#4
If it's under warranty, definitely send it in. All stress is avoided that way. If the temps stay high, you don't lose out on anything except a few weeks of PC gaming.
IGN-CNLAviator

Voelger
3 years ago#5
I could try and repaste myself!
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#6
Voelger posted...
I could try and repaste myself!

Wont that void your warranty?

Definitely ask them first if you aren't sure.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

Voelger
3 years ago#7
It won't, I asked
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
3 years ago#8
If it wont void the warranty, open it up and remove dust, if not just send it in.
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013

User Info: Freakwave003

Freakwave003
3 years ago#9
Voelger posted...
they said if the fan if fine and its just a tuning and repaste, they expect me to pay shipping back

that's kind of stupid. that's still their fault in the first place the paste was bad.
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Hyper 212 EVO | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660x Platinum | Corsair 500r
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have 1 year on my warranty, should I send in laptop or wait?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived