This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else kind of excited for the PS4 release?

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/3/2013 1:43:54 PM
At first I was not, didn't really cross my mind but I went ahead and preordered one with the intentions of selling it. I was going to buy 2 Lightning 780s to replace my Titan but meh, I look at the line up of PC games and what the hell do I really need that for, extra AA that's not needed?

I dunno, not exciting coming up for the PC anytime soon so the graphic cards can wait as the Titan is enough for now, other than Crysis 3, etc.. which I'd need 3 Titans for. So now I'm excited about playing sub 1080P games on a TV(Which the PS4 gave me a reason to buy a new TV as my old LCD is old) and some exclusives.

So anyone else excited for teh PS4 also?
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#2steveboblarryPosted 9/3/2013 1:45:23 PM
It will be good since consoles have been holding back pc gaming
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#3xxFierceFirexxPosted 9/3/2013 1:45:39 PM
No.
#4Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 1:47:11 PM
xxFierceFirexx posted...
No.

Why not? I think PC gaming is superior on the technical scale but there really isn't much coming out at the moment for me too oh over and maybe with the increased power of the consoles, PC games will improve instead of adding on tons of tessellation and higher resolutions.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#5SteamsterPosted 9/3/2013 1:51:34 PM
Not really. I'd rather buy a Wii u since it'll actually have some games coming out soon.

Consoles at launch just don't do much for me. Especially when they're as typical as a Playstation.
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 9/3/2013 1:54:34 PM
at this point? no. The only game at launch that i have even a slight interest in trying thats not going to be available on pc is Infamous, but even then based on the previous games i doubt it goign to be anything outstanding. Everything else i just dont care about, atleast not to shell out $400 on a piece of hardware for.

tho maybe i will in a year or so once more noteworthy stuff comes out.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#7godplaysSNESPosted 9/3/2013 1:54:59 PM
I stopped being excited once Sony put online behind a paywall

Multiplats probably won't make a big leap until support for the PS3/360 is ditched
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#8xxFierceFirexxPosted 9/3/2013 1:55:10 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
xxFierceFirexx posted...
No.

Why not? I think PC gaming is superior on the technical scale but there really isn't much coming out at the moment for me too oh over and maybe with the increased power of the consoles, PC games will improve instead of adding on tons of tessellation and higher resolutions.

While true, when it comes to consoles, I tend to lead toward the Wii U.
#9r0ge00Posted 9/3/2013 2:01:07 PM
Nope, I never buy consoles on release.
#10Bigj089Posted 9/3/2013 2:03:29 PM
Yes, I am. Also about the Xbox One release. I dont plan on buying either console but that means games wont be held back by the 360 and PS3 anymore.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator