This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So all the parts to build my new PC came today... except one

#11dakondakbladePosted 9/3/2013 4:48:46 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
dakondakblade posted...
You're fine though.

This gives you a great opportunity to build your pc ( sans the case ) to ensure all parts are working.

Once you know for sure that all your parts work as they should; you will have less worries to deal with when putting it in the case.

Not to mention that you can just take out the vid card/drives and put the board in your case when it arrives; thereby meaning you lost little time.

I'm kinda nervous about just leaving all the components laying around though.

Fair enough.

I would still test out the parts though; then keep the drives in the antistatic bags they came in; and the GPU in the bag and box.

Regardless; Hope it works out for you sir.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#12Sergei_DukanovPosted 9/3/2013 4:51:29 PM
mine was the opposite. I waited over a week to make sure my new mobo worked. My friend called me out on my pc. Said I spent too much money to not use it. After that, I kept if off for a week.
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice" Gamer Tag XT356 my pc:pcpartpicker.com/p/1wSB1
#13PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 4:52:24 PM
dakondakblade posted...
Regardless; Hope it works out for you sir.

I as well.

Thank you kind sir.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#14ShubPosted 9/3/2013 4:54:11 PM
I love Amazon Prime for big heavy items like that (and for a dozen other reasons). I seldom order anything from Newegg anymore.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15Master_BassPosted 9/3/2013 5:40:57 PM
Shub posted...
I love Amazon Prime for big heavy items like that (and for a dozen other reasons). I seldom order anything from Newegg anymore.

I'd prefer Amazon over Newegg but the tax kills Amazon a lot of the time. Stupid state laws.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#16Auron_59261Posted 9/3/2013 6:25:21 PM
Reference 7970's..are you adding a custom loop in at some time?
---
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz [] HIS IceQ X^2 7970 |1200|1600|3GB| [] 16GB Ripjaws Z 1866 [] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [] 250GB Samsung 840 [] 2TB Barracuda [] CX 600 PSU [] H80i
#17daemon_danPosted 9/3/2013 6:44:13 PM
would have been worse if it was the PSU that didn't come
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#18superstud69xPosted 9/3/2013 11:53:04 PM
You think that's bad? When I built my PC, everything showed up around the same time except for the OS for some reason. So I got everything built and running, and the only thing I could do with it for 4 days was stare at the BIOS.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#19PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:42:17 PM
Case came today. Just finished getting everything together. Almost finished, but I still have to figure out how to hook up the front and side fans. :P
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#202Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/4/2013 8:51:28 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Case came today. Just finished getting everything together. Almost finished, but I still have to figure out how to hook up the front and side fans. :P

There might be a molex adapter connected to your front fans. Plug that into your power supply.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542