This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Planning on getting new pc!

#112Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/3/2013 5:57:10 PM
Rama_X posted...
Oh i thought that mixing brands was a big nono, since i heard that AMD cpus and gpus are better optimized to work together, and the same with Intel and Nvidia.

Also would you guys recommend me to buy things on Amazon?? Is it safe for electronic things?

Amazon is one of the best places to buy things including computer parts. And there's no problem with mixing brands between CPU and GPU. I have a 3570K and 7970
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#12Super_Thug44Posted 9/3/2013 5:57:23 PM
Rama_X posted...
Oh i thought that mixing brands was a big nono, since i heard that AMD cpus and gpus are better optimized to work together, and the same with Intel and Nvidia.

Also would you guys recommend me to buy things on Amazon?? Is it safe for electronic things?

Mixing GPUs with different branded CPUs and vice versa isn't an issue. I have an Intel CPU paired with an AMD GPU and haven't had any problems.

And if it's cheaper on Amazon than wherever else you're looking, go for it. Especially if you have Amazon Prime. Otherwise, people usually find good deals on Newegg. MicroCenter, if you have one around where you live, is a great place to get CPUs and motherboards. Usually they're cheaper there than they are online.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: Breaking Bad, Fringe
#13PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/3/2013 6:03:27 PM
Get an i5. The price isn't much higher than an 8350, and it will perform much better. Mixing brands for CPUs and GPUs has no negative consequences.
---
Fear is a leash.
#14ShubPosted 9/3/2013 6:05:32 PM
Rama_X posted...
i heard that AMD cpus and gpus are better optimized to work together, and the same with Intel and Nvidia.

Nope, that's not the case at all.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:08:02 PM
Great! i didnt know that, i will be getting Intel + AMD combo then!

Guess it will keep me gaming great for a long time, i have an amd athlon x2 and a 8600gt right now, and my only console is the ps2, so it will be a great change to have this new rig =D

Thanks for helping a noob!