This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good/bad is an i3 3220? Need help with a build

#1Tyranius2Posted 9/3/2013 5:38:12 PM
My friend has asked me about parts, his budget is 2k reais and PC parts around here are expensive. These are the parts I could gather with the site he wants to buy from:

PROCESSADOR: i5 4570
PLACA MAE: Asus h61m
MEMORIA: 8gb DDR3
HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: 7770
PSU: some corsair 550w
GABINETE: ZALMAN Z5 PLUS

That build already blows the budget by about 200 bucks. I have to downgrade something, any suggestions? He doesn't want to downgrade the hard drive [which wouldn't even spare that much anyways]. I could list an even crappier case, or downgrade the CPU [hence why I asked about the i3] or GPU.

Ideas?
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#2ShubPosted 9/3/2013 5:42:04 PM
That motherboard (first-gen LGA1155 - Sandy Bridge) won't work with an i5-4570 (Haswell). You could save a bit by getting an i5-4430 instead of a 4570. Pity there are no Haswell Core i3 out yet. Failing that, the i3-3220 is a decent option, though I'd look into an AMD FX-6300 to see which is the better value.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3Sergei_DukanovPosted 9/3/2013 5:43:00 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
My friend has asked me about parts, his budget is 2k reais and PC parts around here are expensive. These are the parts I could gather with the site he wants to buy from:

That build already blows the budget by about 200 bucks. I have to downgrade something, any suggestions? He doesn't want to downgrade the hard drive [which wouldn't even spare that much anyways]. I could list an even crappier case, or downgrade the CPU [hence why I asked about the i3] or GPU.

Ideas?

brasileiro?
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice" Gamer Tag XT356 my pc:pcpartpicker.com/p/1wSB1
#4Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 5:51:25 PM(edited)
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Ideas?

brasileiro?

yeah

Thanks for the heads up Shub. Going for the 4430 spared 50 bucks. Just did the math and still 178 reais over budget though
---
#5PhilOnDezPosted 9/3/2013 5:56:31 PM
He'd probably be alright with 4 gigs of ram for a while, then he can add a second stick later of games start needing it/he just wants it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 6:50:15 PM
It's just that he wants to buy this PC and not have to upgrade or anything. He's far from PC savvy. I'll ask him if he's OK with 4GB ram
---
#7Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:15:26 PM
Yeah, he wants 8GBs of RAM. Any downgrade suggestions?
---
#8Dragonspawn1319Posted 9/3/2013 7:49:50 PM
If I wanted to cut corners the first place I'd look is the case. That's not really an expensive one but you can still save some money there if he can do without the fancy glowlights.
#9LaMichael_JamesPosted 9/3/2013 8:20:47 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Ideas?

brasileiro?

yeah

huEhueheuheuhUEHUHEhuehue
---
GOAT
#10Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 8:41:40 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
If I wanted to cut corners the first place I'd look is the case. That's not really an expensive one but you can still save some money there if he can do without the fancy glowlights.

Any suggestions for a cheaper one?
---