This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Parts of SOPA is back

#31SythisTaruPosted 9/4/2013 2:06:17 PM
Hope it passes. Sick of parasites.
#32DerPancakePosted 9/4/2013 2:10:36 PM(edited)
SythisTaru posted...

Yep, the internet is ruined and must be cleaned from the parasites. The internet has been corrupted, and this is the only chance to bring it back what it was.

JKatarn posted...

No it is not yours to do "whatever you want with it", you are licensed to use that copy of the game on the platform you purchased it for, and you technically don't own it - you license the game, and own the media (box, manual, disc etc.). Not that I agree with this necessarily, but read a software license sometime.

Yes, you only own the disc and the box, but everythin on the disc is not yours. You don't ownt he copyrights for the games/movies, etc...thats why you can't earn revenue from posting gameplay videos in youtube.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#33Enigma149Posted 9/4/2013 2:11:47 PM
I have the strangest feeling that, if SOPA does pass, 99% of these horrible things I've heard about won't happen.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#34LazyyAmericanPosted 9/4/2013 2:16:35 PM
So I'm supposed to blindly drop $60 on a game that I may or may not like without any kind of footage to aid me in my purchasing decision? Just reading text is nowhere near as indicative of whether or not the game will jive with me over seeing it in action.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#35DerPancakePosted 9/4/2013 2:20:06 PM(edited)
LazyyAmerican posted...
So I'm supposed to blindly drop $60 on a game that I may or may not like without any kind of footage to aid me in my purchasing decision? Just reading text is nowhere near as indicative of whether or not the game will jive with me over seeing it in action.

See there are still people with rights to post gameplay videos, especially everyone partnered with Machinima, or maybe be like Activision and let everyone have rights to post gameplay videos, they let users do the marketing for them and look how it turned out, it became the most successful FPS of all time.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#36Jprime666Posted 9/4/2013 2:18:48 PM
DerPancake posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Yep, the internet is ruined and must be cleaned from the parasites. The internet has been corrupted, and this is the only chance to bring it back what it was.

JKatarn posted...

No it is not yours to do "whatever you want with it", you are licensed to use that copy of the game on the platform you purchased it for, and you technically don't own it - you license the game, and own the media (box, manual, disc etc.). Not that I agree with this necessarily, but read a software license sometime.

Yes, you only own the disc and the box, but everythin on the disc is not yours. You don't ownt he copyrights for the games/movies, etc...thats why you can't earn revenue from posting gameplay videos in youtube.

Except that you can earn revenue from that. I do.

Sooner or later this whole youtube video game celebrity fad will pass like the modern gold rush that it is and a lot of idiots who gave up real jobs or educations to make leet CoD commentary videos will be a rough spot.
---
How many emotions is people?
#37DerPancakePosted 9/4/2013 2:22:14 PM(edited)
Jprime666 posted...

Except that you can earn revenue from that. I do.

Sooner or later this whole youtube video game celebrity fad will pass like the modern gold rush that it is and a lot of idiots who gave up real jobs or educations to make leet CoD commentary videos will be a rough spot.

Unless you are partnered and you have the rights, then what you are doing is illegal, and honestly I still think it will be a lot of years before the game celebrity fad passes, I mean right now its stronger than ever.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#38Viscount_ShadowPosted 9/4/2013 3:50:29 PM
CC Ricers posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Actually when you buy a game, all you buy is a license to that game. You don't own anything. Same goes with music and movies. That's why you can only play the PS3 version if you buy it but not the 360 version without buying it again.

While I think that's wrong, that's currently how the system is run.

Which is why so many of you look dumb when you post.

Games are interactive, but recordings of playthroughs aren't. What you are recording is your experience. That, and your video, belongs to you. You are not enabling someone to play the game for free.

Now... there are some rare exceptions where a developer has raised a legitimate concern for recording games, and it's mostly from recording adventure games that are little more than interactive novels. If someone records a 100% playthrough of such games, the viewers will be getting basically everything out of the game.

Still, I don't favor a blanket law saying all copyright holders will have the same draconian protections.

I believe it should be left entirely up to the creators, the copyright holders, to make the laws how people could use their content. Let every developer write their own Terms & Conditions on acceptable uses of the game, and let the courts interpret that. Then the consumers decide with their wallets what is deemed acceptable T&C and what isn't.

This person makes too much sense for gamefaqs!
---
quickly browse the web. www.freedomslink.com
#39C810Posted 9/4/2013 7:10:48 PM
Signed. Choke on my dong, Congress and Obama
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#40steveboblarryPosted 9/4/2013 7:12:39 PM
C810 posted...
Signed. Choke on my dong, Congress and Obama

http://doblelol.com/uploads/1/funny-pictures-for-mobile-phone.jpg
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy