This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Parts of SOPA is back

#41TimePharaohPosted 9/4/2013 6:18:45 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
That's why you can only play the PS3 version if you buy it but not the 360 version without buying it again.

Or maybe it's because they're entirely different platforms.

The developer, publisher, whoever you want to say "owns it" can't pay it on both either.....because the systems aren't compatible, it has literally nothing to do with not owning the game.

If I create a 100% original song that I own the rights to, I can't magically play it on a record player and cassette player at the same time....because the format is different. Literally nothing to do with ownership. Literally nothing
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#42lionheart5656Posted 9/4/2013 8:24:56 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
That's why you can only play the PS3 version if you buy it but not the 360 version without buying it again.

Or maybe it's because they're entirely different platforms.

The developer, publisher, whoever you want to say "owns it" can't pay it on both either.....because the systems aren't compatible, it has literally nothing to do with not owning the game.

If I create a 100% original song that I own the rights to, I can't magically play it on a record player and cassette player at the same time....because the format is different. Literally nothing to do with ownership. Literally nothing

Actually it has literally everything to do with it. The license only gives you a right to play the game on that platform.

That is where install limits came from with PC games. You had a license to install the game on x amount of computers even though it probably works perfectly fine on far more than x amount of computers.

That's why buying the PS3 version and pirating the 360 version would still be illegal. Purely because of licenses.

You can join the other ignorant fools who all thought they were lawyers now.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.