This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is FF14?

#1chris121691Posted 9/3/2013 11:53:52 PM
Anyone care to give me some feedback?
I've been itching for a mmo lately.
I feel like if I ask on the ff boards, I'll just get biased answers.
#2daemon_danPosted 9/4/2013 12:05:51 AM
so you come to the PC board where most people dislike MMOs, JRPGs, and even moreso, JRPGMMOs?

You will not get unbiased here
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#3chris121691(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 12:09:26 AM
daemon_dan posted...
so you come to the PC board where most people dislike MMOs, JRPGs, and even moreso, JRPGMMOs?

You will not get unbiased here

Yes. Because I post here often, and I usually get useful replies.
I just asked for an opinion. If you don't like it, then you don't like it lol.
#4ATARIJAWAPosted 9/4/2013 12:26:01 AM
Graphically it's the best looking MMO out there by far. Everything else is substandard or the same rehashed thing you've played in an MMO before. Really nothing groundbreaking. It's just ok.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#5datopgamerPosted 9/4/2013 12:50:47 AM
Game is pretty well done, apparently much better than it was before. Graphically it's really good and gameplay is solid, pretty much what you would expect in a MMO. I have played a few MMOs (WoW, Rift, Tera, Dragon's Nest, Neverwinter) and I'm enjoying this one more. The servers were crap, but not sure how they will be until after this maintenance going on.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#6SnoicFactorPosted 9/4/2013 12:56:15 AM
Graphics - best looking MMO.

Gameplay - Good, nothing groundbreaking or innovative though. It's like WoW sorta, but slower.

Story - Pretty good so far. Not done completely, but they put nice attention to it. TOO MANY fetch quests in between though.

Atmosphere - Excellent, one of it's best features. Game feels alive in all areas unlike SWTOR. It's a very large world despite having no expansions yet.

Music - Top tier.. it's FF so it's great.

CONS:

- way too easy at times

- no innovation

- quests are very boring

Overall I recommend it. I've played FFXI, WoW, GW2.. Feels like a mix of FFXi and WoW. Not the best....yet(since it's new).
---
nt
#7JazzCardPosted 9/4/2013 1:02:17 AM
SnoicFactor posted...

Gameplay - Good, nothing groundbreaking or innovative though. It's like WoW sorta, but slower.

Story - Pretty good so far. Not done completely, but they put nice attention to it. TOO MANY fetch quests in between though.

Atmosphere - Excellent, one of it's best features. Game feels alive in all areas unlike SWTOR. It's a very large world despite having no expansions yet.

CONS:

- way too easy at times

- no innovation

- quests are very boring

Overall I recommend it. I've played FFXI, WoW, GW2.. Feels like a mix of FFXi and WoW. Not the best....yet(since it's new).

Pretty much. Still quite fun despite it's lack of innovation. It's just Final Fantasy in a MMORPG setting.
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!
#8MrXGamerPosted 9/4/2013 1:14:12 AM
It may not be innovative, but it does everything right and some of the design decisions are very refreshing. Things like zones contain enemies and quests for ALL levels, that will keep them busy forever and not become ghost towns like you see in other MMOs that have strictly level 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc zones. Then other features like cross skills between classes encourage leveling more than class and dungeons actually feel like dungeons. It's easily the best MMO of past 5 years. You should definitely get it.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#9SlaynPosted 9/4/2013 1:16:31 AM
JazzCard posted...
SnoicFactor posted...

CONS:

- way too easy at times

- no innovation

- quests are very boring

Pretty much. Still quite fun despite it's lack of innovation. It's just Final Fantasy in a MMORPG setting.

I have only played a little bit of beta, and we ALL know it is hard to judge an MMO without sinking 100 hours in it, but this is what I agree with. It looks nice, but it is like every other MMO, except with even slower gameplay ( IMO ) and it seemed to have a lot of early fetch quests. Not a good way to grab people.

Other than that, the story/art direction is going to be all up to you. I don't play MMO for story, but I did like TOR story. This seemed even worse than a regular FF game, just due to the MMO nature of using a "generic" character in the world.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#10Eclypse9810Posted 9/4/2013 5:31:29 AM
Remember launch Diablo 3? Launch Simcity? It seems to be even worse then those right now. So much worse, they actually had to stop selling the game.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.