This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is FF14?

#21ThePCElitistPosted 9/4/2013 12:03:21 PM
Having spent nearly 100 hours with the game yes it's an amazing game. Go get it now as soon as they allow digital purchases again and the servers are fixed properly. Not everyone was as lucky as me in terms of play time.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#22SinisterSlayPosted 9/4/2013 12:11:55 PM
Smakkyoface posted...
I still feel like TERA is the best looking MMO both graphically and art style wise.

I played FF14 when it first came out and was doing the beta for this remake. While it's much better than the 2010 version, it's still nothing new and I'm not sure how long they can sustain the paid subscription model. I'm still deciding whether I want to buy it or not.

Too bad Tera suffers horrible CPU bottlenecks. Stupid thing only uses two cores. Even people with those 4.7 ghz systems are struggling in nexus.
I stand in Velika with my 2.8 and get 15fps, GPU usage at 30% according to nvidia inspector
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23Digital StormPosted 9/4/2013 12:14:40 PM
No, too many server issues right now. That is, if you even manage to be one of the lucky ones and are able to actually log in. Coming from what it was, it's a solid game, but it's also more of the same.

Wait a month and see how the population is after the free month runs out.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#24SinisterSlayPosted 9/4/2013 12:29:53 PM
Digital Storm posted...
No, too many server issues right now. That is, if you even manage to be one of the lucky ones and are able to actually log in. Coming from what it was, it's a solid game, but it's also more of the same.

I assume you get a free month no matter when you sign up?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25Digital StormPosted 9/4/2013 12:34:44 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...

That would be correct. Purchase of the game comes with a month of free time.
---
#26Moose_Of_WoePosted 9/4/2013 12:42:50 PM(edited)
ATARIJAWA posted...
Graphically it's the best looking MMO out there by far. .

I haven't played it, but you're saying it's substantially better looking than TERA?

I don't really give a damn about graphics compared to other factors like gameplay/music. However, that's pretty impressive if they pulled off visuals like that.
#27SinisterSlayPosted 9/4/2013 12:46:16 PM
Digital Storm posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...

Ah, no free trial, give them credit card first, then get a free month?
---
#28Digital StormPosted 9/4/2013 12:55:01 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...

Ah, no free trial, give them credit card first, then get a free month?

I didn't have to enter a credit card for the free month. You'll have to enter a credit card after that though.
---
#29Riot55555Posted 9/4/2013 1:08:34 PM
It's a great game and they had a big patch for the server issues yesterday. Working fine for me.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22