This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rift or SWToR

#1JazzCardPosted 9/4/2013 1:04:01 AM
Contesting for the better F2P MMORPG, which one do you think is funner, and has more to do without it taking forever to reach end game?
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!
#2MrXGamerPosted 9/4/2013 1:16:12 AM
Rift is way better in almost every way and also faster to reach endgame if you know what you're doing. Speaking of endgame, it has some of the best you'll experience in modern MMO unlike SWTOR which was a letdown for endgame content.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#3DisastersaurusPosted 9/4/2013 1:20:22 AM
TOR at least has an interesting story. Rift is boring in every respect. It's the most blatant EQ/WoW clone I've ever seen.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Enthusiast of Gamefaqs! Add me on steam for a training partner or teacher! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Durrzerker/
#4claytonbuckleyPosted 9/4/2013 2:28:26 AM
never reached end game in Rift so can't comment on which has the better end game. SWTOR defiantly has the better leveling content though but it has been killed by the penalties you get in the game from being F2P

So i'll go with Rift. This would of probably been easier if i just looked at which one i still have installed lol.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#5_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/4/2013 2:37:32 AM
I did not think TOR had a really interesting story. Imo they messed up big time by focusing on something the average MMO player is not looking for, and that becomes an obstacle to interact and play together (which is what an MMO should be focusing on).

I have only played the beta of TOR, but that was enough to convince me that it is a deeply flawed game. I think Rift is the superior game. Even though I was not a big fan of that either.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#6Maiken100Posted 9/4/2013 3:40:24 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I did not think TOR had a really interesting story. Imo they messed up big time by focusing on something the average MMO player is not looking for, and that becomes an obstacle to interact and play together (which is what an MMO should be focusing on).

I have only played the beta of TOR, but that was enough to convince me that it is a deeply flawed game. I think Rift is the superior game. Even though I was not a big fan of that either.

I think you need to replay as an Agent, the story is told really well. It really depends on what class you take on.
TC it depends what you're looking for. SWTOR is not a grind fest but when you reach endgame, a sub or some investment will be needed to enjoy all the content. I personally didn't enjoy Rift at all but had a blast with SWTOR.
#7ShadowThaReaperPosted 9/4/2013 7:30:51 AM
TOR's story is terrible, and you fanboys need to stop trying to spread this narrative.
#8lostsymphonyPosted 9/4/2013 7:37:46 AM
I've heard Rift has a solid end-game but it's the most bland, boring MMO to level up in in history.
#9Steven010702Posted 9/4/2013 7:55:35 AM
I enjoyed SWToR, but I'm a huge star wars fan. If you liked WoW, then you'll like Rift. If you want a more story based MMO or just like Star Wars, then ToR is the better bet. To me, the biggest con to ToR is leveling alts. Other than the starting area, all characters in a faction have to go to the same area to level up so it really hinders the variety when leveling up more than 1 character. I also really liked Huttball(pvp).
---
I lost the game!
#10BogePosted 9/4/2013 12:30:31 PM
SWTOR is better. Rift is way too generic. It has no flavor at all.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.