This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Garry's Mod in terms of making a game?

#1HaxnStashPosted 9/4/2013 8:20:32 AM
Nothing to make money with, but something that would let me make some (scary/creepy) games for fun. I bought a PS3 just for LBP 1 and 2 and it was worth it. I spent hundreds of hours making games and was looking for something like it for PC and this seems to be closest to it?

Does it require me to know programming language? Or is the mechanics almost like in LBP where it's simplified?
#2Hunter_mkPosted 9/4/2013 9:20:52 AM
you need to know LUA, and for making a game I wouldn't recommend it, I would go for a real engine like Unity, is free and it has a lot of tutorials
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#3CommunismFTWPosted 9/4/2013 9:23:00 AM
0% good at it. Go for a real engine like unity, cryengine, unreal or source.
---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#4Ch3wyPosted 9/4/2013 9:25:15 AM
If you're looking for something like LBP, you should keep your eye on Project Spark.

Although it's F2P so it might be filled with micro-transactions.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5CC RicersPosted 9/4/2013 9:36:42 AM
I also agree with Unity.

It's only crap at making 2D games, but probably not what you're aiming for anyways if you mentioned Gmod.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#6squidgy617Posted 9/4/2013 9:43:20 AM(edited)
If you want something like LBP you could wait for the PC release of Disney Infinity. Its sort of like a 3D version of LBP.

Its also really, really fun. Me and my friend wasted like three hours doing absolutely nothing on it the other night.