This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a program that allows me to organize all my games in one place?

#1Star_NutsPosted 9/4/2013 9:18:08 AM
Games that I have on Steam, Origin, or whatever. Right now I just have a shortcut to every game in a folder and it works fine, but I'm looking for something that looks a little better. Does something like that exist?
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/san_diego_chargers-3705.gif
#2PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/4/2013 9:22:26 AM
Steam allows you to add non steam games to your library.
---
Fear is a leash.
#3Ch3wyPosted 9/4/2013 9:23:30 AM
Well I thought Steam did that just fine because you can add non-steam games.

But the way they have it set up is if Steam crashes all your non-Steam games get wiped from your library and the screenshots of those games are in randomly named directories that will never link back to the games even if you add them again.

So I don't recommend that. Maybe Origin's non-Origin game feature works better but I have way too many Steam games to consider that option.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4Star_Nuts(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:26:04 AM
So I can add Origin games to my Steam library? If that's the case, then I may do that. I'll just make sure I have all my games backed up.
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/san_diego_chargers-3705.gif
#5Ch3wyPosted 9/4/2013 9:28:00 AM
By Steam wiping them from your library I meant just from your list of games. It doesn't delete the game or anything.

Not a big deal if you don't have tons of non-steam games, but it can be a pain having to re-add them if you do. Especially if you use Steam's screenshot feature.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6NicodimusPosted 9/4/2013 9:28:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7StormKMDPosted 9/4/2013 9:37:30 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Well I thought Steam did that just fine because you can add non-steam games.

But the way they have it set up is if Steam crashes all your non-Steam games get wiped from your library and the screenshots of those games are in randomly named directories that will never link back to the games even if you add them again.

So I don't recommend that. Maybe Origin's non-Origin game feature works better but I have way too many Steam games to consider that option.

I used to do this with gog games, origin games, and blizzard games. Eventually I got tired of them just disappearing from my library, so I took them off of Steam.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#8pothocketPosted 9/4/2013 9:40:07 AM
At least this topic explains why Steam isn't showing the GOG games I added to the library.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9BogePosted 9/4/2013 12:24:58 PM
Just wait until all the publishers have their own gaming client. You'll have Steam, Origin, Uplay, Activision, Square/Enix, Eidos, Sega, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Yes, it's happening because some of you supported EA's decision to part off with their own. Now all the others will follow and the consumer gets to pay the price.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#10spardasiegPosted 9/4/2013 12:42:30 PM
Boge posted...
Just wait until all the publishers have their own gaming client. You'll have Steam, Origin, Uplay, Activision, Square/Enix, Eidos, Sega, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Yes, it's happening because some of you supported EA's decision to part off with their own. Now all the others will follow and the consumer gets to pay the price.

The price equals more choice and better sales btw guys if you were wondering.

I personally don't mind having a couple clients...
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)