This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nominate the best RTS games for upcoming poll

#41SuperemppuPosted 9/4/2013 10:09:27 PM
I have AoE3 too, but just find that AoE2 was the better game. I don't know what it is but it has just that magical charm to it. Might be nostalgia blurring my vision though.
---
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.
#42UberLurkerPosted 9/4/2013 10:24:13 PM
Fury_Futur posted...
supreme commander forged alliance

STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED

Ahhhh I love the nuke detonations in SupCom, especially the Seraphim's mega warheads... so satisfying!

Am I a bad person for gating in SACUs only to use them as sacrificial mobile nukes? >=]
#43TowerBooks3192Posted 9/5/2013 1:00:06 AM
Please place Age of Empires 2 in particular especially its thegreatest one in the series even though 1 is good for its time and 3 is a bit disappointing as others have said.

Unless you want to really be technical, I would also nominate stronghold crusader (a castle sim) along with AoE2. Anno 2070 is a city builder and Sins Rebellion is 4x bordering RTS ( I don't want to argue about this as I have seen a lot of arguments about this already but I consider it a 4x game though)
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#44dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 7:25:42 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Please place Age of Empires 2 in particular especially its thegreatest one in the series even though 1 is good for its time and 3 is a bit disappointing as others have said.

but the only reason ive been given so far is: nostalgia, they didnt add that much. Nothing really legit.
#45Soulesskiller21Posted 9/5/2013 7:53:13 AM
Think I'll add a lesser known game but still a good one....

Conquest Frontier Wars - First game I played that used the warphole theme in an RTS environment. Had 3 very unique races and units with a really enjoyable campaign that was both engaging and unique.

Favorite C&C RTS? That's a tough one....I like all of them before EA took over for Westwood and screwed over the storylines.
---
Current Comp: i5-750 2.66GHz|EVGA P55 FTW Edition Mobo|16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 Ram|Nvidia GTX 570|Win 7 Pro
#46AlavardPosted 9/5/2013 8:02:31 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
dioxxys posted...
So anything wrong with Age of empires 3? the graphics look a lot more appealing to my eyes.

EDIT: in fact on steam its rated alot higher

I heard that the naval battles are good but the other parts are disappointing Also most things I heard about it is that it didn't bring anything new to the table.

I personally find AoE2 even not on HD looks a whole lot better than age of mythology or age of empires 3.

It (AoE3) definitely brought some new things to the table. The idea was that you were colonizing the new world, and had a capital city back home that could send you shipments for your performance in game. The shipments you could send were based on a 'deck' of shipments you put together outside of the gameplay. The problem was that you had to unlock these shipments/cards from xp gained from gameplay, and each Empire had separate decks that had to be unlocked. So, new players or players new to a particular Empire would actually have weaker cards than someone who was at max level and could choose between any of them for his deck.