This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Electronic Arts have a bunch of bronies as executives

#151Enigma149Posted 9/5/2013 9:34:15 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
See, I think people clump two very separate and different groups of people into the same "brony" category. I don't watch the show, and quite honestly I don't understand how so many full-grown men do, but hey, whatever, they can watch it if they want. In fact, one of my best friends watches it. But he's not weird about it. He doesn't push it in people's faces or look up gross, adult **** involving ponies. He just enjoys the show. I don't consider him to be a brony.

However, he went to an animation convention a while ago and showed me videos of people, drawing "NSFW" pony pictures, crowd's chanting "Crush Kill Destroy Swag" like a cult, and other various things that reminded me of a religious following. That's what I consider a brony, and those are the people who sorta freak me out.

Bronies themselves often argue over who is and isn't a brony.

Never heard "Crush Kill Destroy Swag," though.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#152IronSasquatchPosted 9/5/2013 10:13:25 AM
I guess it's from some fan-made MLP animations that are super inappropriate and violent. The people at the convention were chanting it over and over again. It was pretty disturbing.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#153wizardmonPosted 9/5/2013 5:32:04 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
I guess it's from some fan-made MLP animations that are super inappropriate and violent. The people at the convention were chanting it over and over again. It was pretty disturbing.

Considering the fandom was created from troll posts on /co/ I don't see that behavior any out of the ordinary. You have to realize almost all of the people that go to those conventions are avid #Channers.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)