This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mickey Castle of Illusion

#11Davel23Posted 9/4/2013 3:09:38 PM
Buburibon posted...
My wife says it's broken when using HDMI. It locks the game down to 24fps, without v-sync. It runs at a blazing fast 30fps otherwise. When do console ports ever work out of the box? I honestly can't remember any at the moment. ;-)

That's a setting on your TV, not a problem with the game.
---
Your mom's box.
#12happyscrub1Posted 9/4/2013 3:16:07 PM
The best mickey game is where it was like Kirby with hats. On SNES I think
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#13BuburibonPosted 9/4/2013 3:23:13 PM
Davel23 posted...
Buburibon posted...
My wife says it's broken when using HDMI. It locks the game down to 24fps, without v-sync. It runs at a blazing fast 30fps otherwise. When do console ports ever work out of the box? I honestly can't remember any at the moment. ;-)

I'm afraid it isn't, unfortunately. The same thing happens here at the studio as I'm also using HDMI. There are others on Steam who are reporting the problem, and asking for a patch. It's a similar bug to the one that affects Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 when using HDMI, 1080p + vsync. Setting up a custom resolution might partially resolve the issue, so I'll try that later. Thanks!
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#14Jprime666Posted 9/4/2013 3:27:43 PM
happyscrub1 posted...

Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. And yes it was the best.
---
How many emotions is people?
#15TimePharaohPosted 9/4/2013 5:17:40 PM
Buburibon posted...
Davel23 posted...
Buburibon posted...

I'm afraid it isn't, unfortunately. The same thing happens here at the studio as I'm also using HDMI. There are others on Steam who are reporting the problem, and asking for a patch. It's a similar bug to the one that affects Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 when using HDMI, 1080p + vsync. Setting up a custom resolution might partially resolve the issue, so I'll try that later. Thanks!

And guess what that Crysis "bug" is caused by"? TV's, possibly HDMI (why are you using HDMI not on a TV...?).
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#16TropicMoon10Posted 9/4/2013 5:24:06 PM
I played World of Illusions on the Genesis when I was a wee boy. I'm definitely getting this.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#17BuburibonPosted 9/4/2013 5:31:21 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Buburibon posted...
Davel23 posted...
Buburibon posted...

And guess what that Crysis "bug" is caused by"? TV's, possibly HDMI (why are you using HDMI not on a TV...?).

The bug was eradicated in Crysis 3, and therefore "caused by Crytek" themselves. HDMI also carries audio to the monitor I have setup here at my office.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#18CC RicersPosted 9/4/2013 6:50:10 PM
I never had a Genesis. How does this compare to Magical Quest?
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#19happyscrub1Posted 9/5/2013 6:57:23 AM
Jprime666 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. And yes it was the best.

YES!
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#20ssayajinandresPosted 9/5/2013 2:09:44 PM
Buburibon posted...

It's true... HDMI connections lock the game to 24fps.

Does anyone know how to change the default resolution when not inside the game?

My TV shows a black screen whenever the refresh rate is 24 and the resolution is NOT 1080p by default (which I'm guessing it isn't for this game, since I get the black screen right from the beginning).