This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I need a new hard drive or is it something more?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do I need a new hard drive or is it something more?

User Info: dwightschrute

dwightschrute
3 years ago#1
Just about two years ago my computer broke down (I've had it for just about 8 years now); it would start up but the screen would turn to black and wouldn't do anything. Since then I've kept it in storage (though I took the case off the computer to examine the hard drive and haven't put it back yet); however, the other day I hooked it up (without the hard drive in it) and it booted up to the screen that says to reinstall the OS and whatnot (of course, I know you can't do that without a hard drive). When I put the hard drive in, the computer started up but all it went to was the black screen (not that I expected it do much of anything else).

So, would the computer function normally if I just put in a new hard drive? The case has been removed for over a year so I'm not sure if anything else is messed up inside the computer, and I would hate to waste my money on a new hard drive if the computer won't even work properly. Keep in mind I just want to use the computer to do things like schoolwork and watching movies; nothing intense like gaming.
Super dignified fantastic. :D
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do I need a new hard drive or is it something more?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived