This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV REALLY needs to get announced on the PC....

#51KidInTheHallPosted 9/6/2013 10:03:24 AM
After playing PayDay 2 so much I'm excited to see Rockstars take on pulling off Heists and so forth.

Wish my Steam bros could join me : (
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#52Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 10:17:52 AM
Asellus posted...
Saints Row 4 was fun as hell, but it's not going to compare to GTAV.

Considering how "meh" the general reception to GTA 4 was I do find it kind of amazing how much hype they're able to get behind 5.

Being one of the best rated games of all time isn't what I would consider a "meh" reception.

People that don't like it are just very vocal about it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#53KidInTheHallPosted 9/6/2013 10:19:17 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Asellus posted...

Considering how "meh" the general reception to GTA 4 was I do find it kind of amazing how much hype they're able to get behind 5.

Being one of the best rated games of all time isn't what I would consider a "meh" reception.

Not to mention GTA IV doesn't erase the great things they did with GTA's III , VC and SA.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#54lionheart5656Posted 9/6/2013 12:24:35 PM
WeaponX1138 posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
Saints Row 4 already exists. Don't need a game series that hasn't been good since Vice City.

Saints Row is like the K-Mart version of GTA.

Saints Row is like Beverly Hills and GTA is like the Projects.

GTA doesn't even try to hide that. Everything they do is in the projects.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#55SlimeSwayzePosted 9/6/2013 12:51:52 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Asellus posted...

At the time, I think the game's positive reviews were mostly due to how impressive it was on a technical level, and the cinematic nature of the storytelling. But looking back now, there are few games I have ever played that have aged as badly in such a short amount of time as GTAIV. The city doesn't have the same "wow" factor as it did before, and the gameplay is arguably some of the worst there is in an open world action game. Without the initial sense of newness, the game reveals itself to be bland, awkward, and monotonous.

Obviously, those are just my opinions, but I think it's hard to argue that the initial response to the game wasn't blown way out of proportion, and I'd be willing to bet the farm that the majority of people who gave it near perfect scores would blush a little bit now if asked to explain themselves.

The fact that GTAV is so different from IV is, to me, a testament to the fact that even the devs realize that GTAIV was a misstep.
---
Currently Playing: Outlast, Resistance 3, and Vampire: The Masquerade
#56JKatarnPosted 9/6/2013 12:55:30 PM
Seems to me that you should have kept your PS3/360 if you really wanted to play it that badly. It's likely going to be a year or two before we see a PC port, if ever. If you can't wait that long, then go guy a refurbished PS3/360, simple.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#57DerPancakePosted 9/6/2013 1:18:07 PM
I hope Rockstar accepts EA's deal for it to be Origin exclusive.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#58JKatarnPosted 9/6/2013 4:22:42 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Asellus posted...

While I can't comment on it as I've not played the game, a vocal minority in the internet community does certainly does not represent the gaming public's view of a game. There have been more than a few well received/widely enjoyed games that are endlessly trashed on these and other forums by a select few.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#59mjc0961Posted 9/6/2013 4:37:31 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
Don't worry, I'll be playing it in less than 2 weeks, maybe I'll stop in and tell ya how much fun I'm having....

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#60mjc0961Posted 9/6/2013 4:38:21 PM
JKatarn posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Asellus posted...

While I can't comment on it as I've not played the game, a vocal minority in the internet community does certainly does not represent the gaming public's view of a game. There have been more than a few well received/widely enjoyed games that are endlessly trashed on these and other forums by a select few.

Also GTA IV was f***ing awesome if you stop and look at what they were going for instead of whining about how it's not San Andreas again like 90% of the haters.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.