This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Uplay's patching system so awful?

#11TimePharaohPosted 9/4/2013 10:52:42 PM
Allmattered posted...
Maybe there wouldn't be a Uplay and Origin and all games would happily be together on Steam if Valve would be so generous as to not charge a dime for putting third-party games on their platform.

lol?

ITT: Someone who doesn't know how a store works.

"Hey guys want a bunch of free services? We're a good business, that's how it works"
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#12TheBlueDeathPosted 9/4/2013 11:00:54 PM
Allmattered posted...
seryou101 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
because it's a garbage client and needs to go away.

^Pretty much this. I was looking forward to Watch Dogs but if it requires Uplay and can't be acquired via steam then I'm definitely passing on that.

That's the virus that is of Steam. Valve has pretty much wiped out all DRM/PC market platforms as competition because of dogmatic fans like you. Maybe there wouldn't be a Uplay and Origin and all games would happily be together on Steam if Valve would be so generous as to not charge a dime for putting third-party games on their platform.

You need to think again if you have that mindset of Steam = PC gaming for everyone, for everything, and every freaking PC game must be on it. Steam is not the PC platform, get that straight.

Yes Steam is the PC platform.

Why don't you get that?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#13steveboblarryPosted 9/5/2013 4:46:19 AM
Allmattered posted...
seryou101 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...

^Pretty much this. I was looking forward to Watch Dogs but if it requires Uplay and can't be acquired via steam then I'm definitely passing on that.

That's the virus that is of Steam. Valve has pretty much wiped out all DRM/PC market platforms as competition because of dogmatic fans like you. Maybe there wouldn't be a Uplay and Origin and all games would happily be together on Steam if Valve would be so generous as to not charge a dime for putting third-party games on their platform.

You need to think again if you have that mindset of Steam = PC gaming for everyone, for everything, and every freaking PC game must be on it. Steam is not the PC platform, get that straight.

Lol without steam pc gaming would not be where it is today. its not like EA or ubisoft have to give a cut to microsoft or sony when people buy their stuff digitally on xbox live and psn.....oh wait.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#14ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 7:11:39 AM
Allmattered posted...
seryou101 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...

I would be happy with Steam, Origin, and Gog as the three competitors in the PC market. All three are well designed services.

Uplay though... is just obnoxious.
#15TwinqePosted 9/5/2013 7:23:02 AM
ZeroRaider posted...
Allmattered posted...
seryou101 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...

I would be happy with Steam, Origin, and Gog as the three competitors in the PC market. All three are well designed services.

Uplay though... is just obnoxious.

Even though I have had multiple issues with Origin as a client, I agree with this. It is far better than Uplay. In the end, I'll use whichever offers me the best service. So far, Steam has a nearly spotless record for me.

Although GOG is pretty awesome, too. They just serve different markets.
---
3DS FC: 4511-1880-0614 | Steam: Twinqe
#16DragnfyrPosted 9/5/2013 7:40:06 AM
seryou101 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...

Uplay has been required on Ubisoft games for a long time now and they haven't pulled their games from Steam yet.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.9 | Windows 8 Pro
#17arleasPosted 9/5/2013 7:44:06 AM
they haven't pulled their games from Steam yet.

They haven't pulled their games because they force you to use their client anyway... EA only pulled their games because they wanted to be in control of DLC sales, and steam said no... I guess Uplay doesn't care that much.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#18steveboblarryPosted 9/5/2013 10:43:46 AM
arleas posted...
they haven't pulled their games from Steam yet.

They haven't pulled their games because they force you to use their client anyway... EA only pulled their games because they wanted to be in control of DLC sales, and steam said no... I guess Uplay doesn't care that much.

Ubisosft is not trying to directly compete with Valve unlike EA
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy