This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the following RTS series has the best RTS game?

#11dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:09:48 PM
UberLurker posted...
I reiterate my preference for SupCom, and by extension it's predecessor TA.

To this day I don't think any other RTS has radar and artillery mechanics that match that of TA/SupCom... so satisfying to turtle up, rush T3 radar (or stealth spy planes) and big guns, then pound the enemy base into submission!

forged aliance or #2?

might get into it
#12UberLurkerPosted 9/4/2013 10:15:22 PM
DerPancake posted...
UberLurker posted...

To this day I don't think any other RTS has radar and artillery mechanics that match that of TA/SupCom... so satisfying to turtle up, rush T3 radar (or stealth spy planes) and big guns, then pound the enemy base into submission!

I hate games when you can turtle up for the whole game and win.

Then you just have to crack the nut man, it's not an unbeatable strategy. That's why I love TA/SupCom, there's so many different ways to wage your war.

dioxxys posted...
UberLurker posted...

forged aliance or #2?

might get into it

Forged Alliance... IMHO SupCom 2 was oversimplified, it removed everything that made SupCom unique and turned it into an otherwise generic sci-fi RTS.
#13dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:21:35 PM
^hmm...maybe not, the graphical style is kind of boring and kind of looks like it was made in Unity
#14dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:34:51 PM
So far the results are:

1- Starcraft ; Ive never played this but I definetly will play #2.

2- Command And Conquer ; I've play ton of C&C, pretty much play every one a little bit. But I like Red alert 2: yuri and Tiberium wars 3. Might try RA3.

3- Age of Empires ; Also never played this, but #3 looks very visually appealing.

Also been playing company of heroes which is according to steam the best RTS (the dont have starcraft). But hey, ive been enjoying it so far, its very tactical.
#15AlleRacingPosted 9/4/2013 10:47:56 PM
Age of Empires 3 isn't as good as 2 or Mythology.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#16DerPancakePosted 9/4/2013 11:24:20 PM(edited)
dioxxys posted...
So far the results are:

1- Starcraft ; Ive never played this but I definetly will play #2.

2- Command And Conquer ; I've play ton of C&C, pretty much play every one a little bit. But I like Red alert 2: yuri and Tiberium wars 3. Might try RA3.

3- Age of Empires ; Also never played this, but #3 looks very visually appealing.

Also been playing company of heroes which is according to steam the best RTS (the dont have starcraft). But hey, ive been enjoying it so far, its very tactical.

You will enjoy them, unlike Company of Heroes, your soldiers know how to aim.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#17SavageDonzillaPosted 9/4/2013 11:46:26 PM
Other: Warlords Battlecry 3. Played the crap out of that game back in the day. Was probably the game that got me to love RTS'.
---
I486SX 33MHz |256MB RAM | IBM EGA 64kb | Dell M990 19" CRT | IBM 200watt PSU
#18synthetiksinPosted 9/4/2013 11:48:39 PM
C&C Tiberium Dawn
#19SnipeStarPosted 9/5/2013 2:47:11 AM
voted CoH
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#20Hi CPosted 9/5/2013 4:09:34 AM(edited)
Most of those aren't even strategy. They are "follow the games tech order to build a lot of units and flood the opposition" games.

Stuff like Warhammer, 40k, and forgotten titles like Myth are the correct answer.
---
You'll be my John G.