This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the following RTS series has the best RTS game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which of the following RTS series has the best RTS game?
3 years ago#21
^I have warhammer 40k but it instantly turned me ff since it wasnt a simulation of the board game.
3 years ago#22
1. Command & Conquer series - Sure I may not like EA very much, but at least all the games are good except the C&C 4. Despite what they said, Generals is a good game, it is just people think it don't deserve a C&C name on it.

2. Starcraft - Boring but addicting type.

3. Age of Empires - Unique gameplay, the pioneer of the multi resources game. As good as advertised, too bad Ensemble closed down so we probably won't be seeing Age of Empires 4 anytime soon.
3 years ago#23
Warhammer is #1 for me. Dawn of War 2 was one of my favorite RTSes of all time, and Dawn of War 1 was pretty stellar in its own right.

Warcraft is #2. It was close with Warhammer. Warcraft 2 was one of the first RTSes I ever played, and the first I ever played online (via Heat, I think). Warcraft 3 is, imo, Blizzard's best RTS.

Sins of a Solar Empire, #3. A 4x-lite, with huge, epic battles.

Supreme Command is #4. Huge scale, and a large variety of tactics and strategies are available. More options than a lot of competing games.

Honorable Mention: "Other"- Warlords Battlecry series. I spent a ton of time in all three games, growing up. Never played much multiplayer, just the skirmish mode and the campaign. Pity the AI was so terrible.

Other poll options:
-Command & Conquer, never really played them much, never really got into them.
-Age of Empires, I played them a lot when I was younger, but they never quite left the same impression on me as other games.
-Starcraft, SC1 was great for its time, but doesn't hold up as well these days. I found SC2 to be a pretty huge disappointment, with its focus on e-sports, and its lack of innovation or genre-advancement. It was SC1 slightly refined, and that's not what I was looking for anymore.
-Battle for Middle Earth, never played it.
-Company of Heroes is objectively one of the best RTSes around, I think, but I just could never get into the WWII setting. I'd definitely love to see more RTSes model themselves after these games though.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
3 years ago#24
Anno 2070
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: The Sims 3
3 years ago#25
Other: Myth series - Myth 2 Soulblighter.
3 years ago#26
WOAH! where did all the battle for middle earth votes come from?

EDIT: if its so popular which is better the normal #2 or witch king?
3 years ago#27
The poll got it right with Starcraft but Warcraft, especially Warcraft 3, should be in second place
3 years ago#28
I'm honestly surprised that I am the only person who has put anything about Myth 2 in either of the topics.
3 years ago#29
dioxxys posted...
^I have warhammer 40k but it instantly turned me ff since it wasnt a simulation of the board game.

Try Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate from the 90s. It's exactly like the board game. Yes, I have well over $1000 invest in miniatures and have played hundreds of times, but not competitively.
3 years ago#30
Sacrifice, which sadly isn't a series.
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which of the following RTS series has the best RTS game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived