This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the following RTS series has the best RTS game?

#21dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:28:16 AM
^I have warhammer 40k but it instantly turned me ff since it wasnt a simulation of the board game.
#22Flaktrooper123Posted 9/5/2013 6:42:02 AM
1. Command & Conquer series - Sure I may not like EA very much, but at least all the games are good except the C&C 4. Despite what they said, Generals is a good game, it is just people think it don't deserve a C&C name on it.

2. Starcraft - Boring but addicting type.

3. Age of Empires - Unique gameplay, the pioneer of the multi resources game. As good as advertised, too bad Ensemble closed down so we probably won't be seeing Age of Empires 4 anytime soon.
#23GynthaeresPosted 9/5/2013 7:38:54 AM
Warhammer is #1 for me. Dawn of War 2 was one of my favorite RTSes of all time, and Dawn of War 1 was pretty stellar in its own right.

Warcraft is #2. It was close with Warhammer. Warcraft 2 was one of the first RTSes I ever played, and the first I ever played online (via Heat, I think). Warcraft 3 is, imo, Blizzard's best RTS.

Sins of a Solar Empire, #3. A 4x-lite, with huge, epic battles.

Supreme Command is #4. Huge scale, and a large variety of tactics and strategies are available. More options than a lot of competing games.

Honorable Mention: "Other"- Warlords Battlecry series. I spent a ton of time in all three games, growing up. Never played much multiplayer, just the skirmish mode and the campaign. Pity the AI was so terrible.

Other poll options:
-Command & Conquer, never really played them much, never really got into them.
-Age of Empires, I played them a lot when I was younger, but they never quite left the same impression on me as other games.
-Starcraft, SC1 was great for its time, but doesn't hold up as well these days. I found SC2 to be a pretty huge disappointment, with its focus on e-sports, and its lack of innovation or genre-advancement. It was SC1 slightly refined, and that's not what I was looking for anymore.
-Battle for Middle Earth, never played it.
-Company of Heroes is objectively one of the best RTSes around, I think, but I just could never get into the WWII setting. I'd definitely love to see more RTSes model themselves after these games though.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#24Nineteen99Posted 9/5/2013 7:40:23 AM
Anno 2070
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: The Sims 3
#25electricheadMPosted 9/5/2013 7:55:43 AM
Other: Myth series - Myth 2 Soulblighter.
#26dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:55:05 AM(edited)
WOAH! where did all the battle for middle earth votes come from?

EDIT: if its so popular which is better the normal #2 or witch king?
#27BigB0ss13Posted 9/5/2013 11:24:12 AM
The poll got it right with Starcraft but Warcraft, especially Warcraft 3, should be in second place
#28electricheadMPosted 9/5/2013 11:49:18 AM
I'm honestly surprised that I am the only person who has put anything about Myth 2 in either of the topics.
#29codyorrPosted 9/5/2013 12:34:09 PM
dioxxys posted...
^I have warhammer 40k but it instantly turned me ff since it wasnt a simulation of the board game.

Try Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate from the 90s. It's exactly like the board game. Yes, I have well over $1000 invest in miniatures and have played hundreds of times, but not competitively.
#30VordraxPosted 9/5/2013 3:27:10 PM
Sacrifice, which sadly isn't a series.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.