This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Consoles Fanboys say PC has no exlcuise b/c they don't know about them

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 9/4/2013 11:50:30 PM(edited)
fanboys tend to cling to "AAA" which has pretty much become synonymous with scripted cinematic hallway experience #7638 because it's one of the few arguments they possess that can't be directly shot down.

funnily enough the same goes for the price point of hardware instead of the price point of software when it comes to determining the overall pricing of gaming.

it's best to just look at it the way it is: peasants being peasants clingling to their few arguments like that last piece of farmland they don't want to give up.

edit: also, outlast is coming to PS4 so it's not exclusive.

of course, another weird trend is that most PC games tend to suck in the eyes of the peasant until the game actually arrives on console at which point it'll become good.

another good example of peasant logic.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#12Flaktrooper123Posted 9/4/2013 11:29:49 PM
Actually because most of the newer generation of people either don't have or not willing to learn the technical skills for using PC. Double points if they are all too used to listening from the mainstream media and all too used to have their games thrown in their faces via huge advertisements. PC is not just plug in and play unlike the console, so for some people, when the game just refuse to run on the first try, they think it is hopeless. They don't bother to tweak it further.
#13_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/5/2013 5:00:44 AM(edited)
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Actually because most of the newer generation of people either don't have or not willing to learn the technical skills for using PC. Double points if they are all too used to listening from the mainstream media and all too used to have their games thrown in their faces via huge advertisements. PC is not just plug in and play unlike the console, so for some people, when the game just refuse to run on the first try, they think it is hopeless. They don't bother to tweak it further.

I am not saying you are wrong in every way, but I do believe that this is something that has become less of a concern, not more of a concern, in recent years.

People have become more tech savy, hardware is more available and affordable, information is easier to get, more people want/need capable PC's ever since they changed from spreadsheet and word processors to multimedia machines, buying and installing games in easier than ever with the download platforms (no more patching, even GPU drivers can be automatically updated) and the most popular AAA games nowadays typically go multiplatform making the PC a viable mainstream alternative (did not used to be this way).

About exclusives, I think console and PC both have them. For me personally, the PC has the edge in the exclusives it has because there are entire genres that are almost entirely limited to PC. This all comes down to the default input device really, since it is those games that are hard to translate to consoles because of the controllers, that are either exclusive on the PC or superior on the PC. Examples are the entire MOBA genre, or MMO's, fast pace twitch shooters, or even just RTS. These are all entire genres that are almost exclusive to the PC. I am not saying there are no RTS or MMO's on console, but there is none of the variety and quality that is found on the PC. Even for genres that have been successful on the console, like military FPS, the default input device is so different, it makes it into a whole different kind of game imo.

Slayn posted...
How many AAA games do we have that are exclusive? Seems to be piles of shovelware indie games.

-MMO's like WoW, GW2 and about a hundred others (I admit that the vast majority is terrible)
-MOBA's like LOL and DOTA2 heroes of Newerth etc.
-RTS like Star Craft 2 and Age of Empires III
-Great library of adventure games like Grim fandango and the longest journey
-Many FPS like Arma III, Planetside 2, Tribes Ascend and Natural selection 2. Faster paced games like Team fortress, Quake and CS may be on console, but they do not really work there imo.

Now, I am sure there are people who are like "I am not interested in any of these", and that is fine. But they are, in my opinion all good titles, and there are millions of players who would choose their main platform based on just having MMO's, RTS, or even arena shooters.

---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#14KeyeszxPosted 9/5/2013 6:12:23 AM
Slayn posted...
How many AAA games do we have that are exclusive? Seems to be piles of shovelware indie games.

Same could be said for the Wii except without the indie part. But most of the really good exclusives do tend to be indie games. Because indies can try something new and innovative that AAA companies are too afraid to try with their huge ass budget.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#15GrabacrLeaderPosted 9/5/2013 6:29:40 AM
Strategy games in general are exclusive to PC, it's not just RTS. Anything turn-based is slowly becoming extinct on consoles.
#16rkpeaglePosted 9/5/2013 6:51:09 AM
The days of exclusives for consoles are coming to an end too. The only exclusives that consoles have anymore are games that any of the big 3 developed.
---
FC - 5284-1505-9659
#17SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/5/2013 6:51:44 AM
GrabacrLeader posted...
Strategy games in general are exclusive to PC, it's not just RTS. Anything turn-based is slowly becoming extinct on consoles.

Yeah, I was going to say that too, as 4X is probably my favorite subgenre.

And yeah, I absolutely agree. So frickin annoying when even people who are open to PCs say that Console's exclusive are better. Eff no they aren't, you just prefer them.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#18arleasPosted 9/5/2013 6:53:31 AM
C/D PC gamers who actually give a s*** about what console gamers think are in constant need of reassurance.

C
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#19Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/5/2013 6:53:56 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

-Many FPS like Arma III, Planetside 2, Tribes Ascend and Natural selection 2. Faster paced games like Team fortress, Quake and CS may be on console, but they do not really work there imo.

Actually Planetside 2 is going to be on PS4
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#20MasterDonGeroPosted 9/5/2013 7:02:27 AM(edited)
Oh my god, who ****ing cares what console-only players think or do if it doesn't affect us?

arleas posted...
C/D PC gamers who actually give a s*** about what console gamers think are in constant need of reassurance.

C

At least someone agrees with me.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom