This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can one use a Kindle Fire to pay bills online?

#1CammyApplePosted 9/5/2013 1:01:37 AM
My mother seems interested in the Kindle Fire. Would she be able to pay her bills online via the Kindle Fire? I assume it would let her do the other things she does, Facebook for example. But the bill paying is an important aspect.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#2Fade2black001Posted 9/5/2013 2:39:09 AM
Do those have access to the internet freely? If so I don't see why not.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3ArsenicOverlordPosted 9/5/2013 2:42:35 AM
I've paid bills on my iPhone. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to on a Kindle Fire. As long as the bank's website allows online bill paying (or better yet, has its own specialized banking app), you'd be set.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#4CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 2:50:25 AM
ArsenicOverlord posted...
I've paid bills on my iPhone. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to on a Kindle Fire. As long as the bank's website allows online bill paying (or better yet, has its own specialized banking app), you'd be set.

I thought the Kindle Fire was a more limited android tablet. Was just a concern that it wouldn't be able to do something that basic.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5ArsenicOverlordPosted 9/5/2013 3:26:17 AM
Obviously I'm an iOS guy, so I might be wrong, but my understanding is that Kindle Fire is limited only in the sense that Amazon Store's app selections are limited compared to Google's. I don't think its web browsing capabilities are limited. At least, I have not heard anything to that end.

Excellent sig, by the way.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#6TimePharaohPosted 9/5/2013 3:40:49 AM(edited)
ArsenicOverlord posted...
Obviously I'm an iOS guy, so I might be wrong, but my understanding is that Kindle Fire is limited only in the sense that Amazon Store's app selections are limited compared to Google's.

If this is the only difference (I don't know), it would be non-existent as Android is Android and can sideload apps.

But regardless, all you know is the internet to pay bills....same as you do it on a computer...
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#7VaultBoy2010Posted 9/5/2013 3:57:53 AM
i dont know about bills, but it wouldnt let me order a pizza from it(this was awhile ago, it was the original model)
---
Love Is Over
3DS FC- Jacob- 4596-9541-5152