This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Consoles don't damage PC gaming, they actually hepl...

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/5/2013 9:00:16 AM
Think about it, the top selling PC games like WOW, LOL and Starcraft do not require powerful rigs... why? because there are not enought powerfull rigs to make very demanding pc exclusive games, from a developer's point of view there is no reason to make a very demanding PC game that less than 10% of the market will be able to run, when a new console is released, it performs better than 95% of PCs on the market and developers can pot those games instead of lowering the bar more to acomodate for very low end PCs.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2OreoBoy206Posted 9/5/2013 9:14:56 AM
I could be wrong but wasn't WoW pretty demanding when it first came out?
#3lionheart5656Posted 9/5/2013 9:26:18 AM
Or it encourages stupid people to stay stupid and thus brings gaming down as a whole as PC is forced to play games well under what it can handle.

If PC was the only choice, people would quickly learn it's not that hard if you're not stupid and lazy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#4Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:42:58 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
Or it encourages stupid people to stay stupid and thus brings gaming down as a whole as PC is forced to play games well under what it can handle.

If PC was the only choice, people would quickly learn it's not that hard if you're not stupid and lazy.

Bro, if not enought people have even a medium game PC, why would developers make demanding game if noone would boy it? it's all about the money, that is why tere is no PC exclusive that a console could not run
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#5urtvPosted 9/5/2013 9:43:11 AM
thats why there are different graphical settings
#6DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/5/2013 10:28:06 AM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
Bro, if not enought people have even a medium game PC

There would be if there weren't any consoles and that was the only way to get impressive visuals. Imagine all the hardcore console gamers... Most if not all would get their hands on a decent gaming pc if it were the only choice.

I counter your argument and say that consoles are the reason there isn't a larger install base with mid-high tier gaming pc's.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#7ellis123Posted 9/5/2013 10:33:06 AM
OreoBoy206 posted...

It wasn't that high. Most of the issues that people had with running stemmed from shoddy servers with too many people on them.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#8Hi CPosted 9/5/2013 10:43:07 AM
OreoBoy206 posted...

It was very scalable. Compared to EQ2, which was out the year before, it ran like greased lightning.

EQ2, Vanguard, most other MMO's were still trying to press the visual standard at the time. Blizzard has never pushed technology.
---
You'll be my John G.
#9Hi CPosted 9/5/2013 10:45:34 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

Bro, if not enought people have even a medium game PC, why would developers make demanding game if noone would boy it? it's all about the money, that is why tere is no PC exclusive that a console could not run

The people with less than average PC's aren't the people playing core games at all so it's irrelevant.
---
You'll be my John G.
#10JKatarnPosted 9/5/2013 11:06:02 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Bro, if not enought people have even a medium game PC

There would be if there weren't any consoles and that was the only way to get impressive visuals. Imagine all the hardcore console gamers... Most if not all would get their hands on a decent gaming pc if it were the only choice.

I counter your argument and say that consoles are the reason there isn't a larger install base with mid-high tier gaming pc's.

Except they wouldn't, they'd probably just play games on their phone. That's a ludicrous statement because the very reason consoles exist in the first place is due to the fact that a vast portion of the public want a somewhat subsidized gaming box they can just plug into their TV and pop a disc into, letting the box handle the rest. Also, you of course know that it's harder (though not impossible) to really push PC hardware when you have to stay compatible with untold number of system configurations and performance levels - you have to set a base and maximum spec for your engine, and this of course doesn't leave as much room for optimization.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES