This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Consoles don't damage PC gaming, they actually hepl...

#11NeoSioTypePosted 9/5/2013 10:15:53 AM
The "monopoly" over video cards is what's holding back PC gaming. Inflated prices and marginal performance increases are being used to increase profit.

Don't bother quoting me. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/5/2013 10:20:12 AM(edited)
^ See I disagree almost completely. Consoles at one point were at the forefront of gaming and technology as a whole. They no longer are. If you think that someone that plays COD all day will want to use their phone rather than setup a pc, which is so much easier than it used to be, you're kidding yourself. Optimization has no play here. We get decent ports of almost all games these days. Imagine if they only had pc to worry about. Sure system requirements would need to taken into account but that's exactly what we are talking about.

Right now there isn't a large enough install base of higher end components. No consoles could definitely change that. Also scalability isn't something that is too bad to account for aside from the very top tier technology pushers. For those games you just accept you aren't doing it solely for money but as a showcase. Might even sell more hardware doing something like that which might entail some subsidies being paid by the manufacturers. I know crysis sold a lot of hardware due to its demanding nature.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13OrgeLambartPosted 9/5/2013 10:34:00 AM(edited)
PC gamers don't mind spending thousands of dollars on their rigs, but refuse to pay over 20 dollars for any of their games... that is the real reason why PC gaming lags behind console gaming.

In fact most refuse to pay anything and instead use those powerful rigs to steal their games using the reasoning the games aren't worth it, even if they put hundreds of hours into a game they stole, they still use the reasoning it's lacking some aspect that should get their money.

Now with F2P games and steam sales being the rage it gets even worse, any game that isn't a F2P or under 20 dollars on steam gets hated on, especially if it's an online game.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart