This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick question regarding GPU

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question regarding GPU

User Info: mysticvegeta17

mysticvegeta17
3 years ago#1
Hey so I was messing around with my video card alast night and some stuff happened. ..

So I'm playing ff14 right and while I can run the game its not as smooth as I would like in crowded areas. Fps drops to around 35-39.

Ok I used the catalyst control center and only changed the top bar which is speed I think. Took it from 900 to 960. I got no problems. So I took it to 980 and the card kept crashing and restarting over and over and over until I had to hard reset. Took the clock down to 975 same thing, took it to 970 same thing.

Now when I load the game back at 960 it crashes. What it happening and how to I go about fixing it? I've searched on google and everyone has a different answer or they play around the question.
PSN: HACKNSLASHLEWIS
Steam: HackNSlashLewis

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#2
try to raise power target then download heaven or valley and run those as you oc your gpu

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#3
960 was never actually stable. You're just seeing it now.

Though, actually, evidence suggests that when a processor throws an error, it can actually permanently decrease stability of that processor, by a very small amount.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question regarding GPU

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived