This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone think GTA V could still come out this year for PC?

#21DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/5/2013 12:16:19 PM(edited)
BMXJouster posted...

I think most of us would be okay with a PC version being delayed, but the problem is that they refuse to acknowledge that a PC version is even being made.

Yeah that is clearly what most are saying here in the topic; hoping for some double dipping action. They are a business first and foremost. Hopefully we get some concrete information soon after its release. They may hold out until after xmas though.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#22Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/5/2013 1:03:25 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
Loshadt posted...
Probably not within the same year. Which is needlessly stupid, they delay it on PC hoping that PC players will run out an buy the console version so they can play it early, and then double-dip when it comes out on PC.

NO, they delay it because it can be pirated on PC, and now most people have a PC capable of runing the game, so they want people to BUY the console game instead of pirating it on pc

Which is why you should pirate it. They're basically giving you the OK for it here.

Sure, that way they will keep delaying the games even more or not even releasing them on PC because the games sell 3 to 10 times more on consoles.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#23therickmu25Posted 9/5/2013 1:11:48 PM
0% chance I pick this up on the crap consoles. Idc if I have to wait till 2015 for it on PC, that's the only version I'll buy
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#24Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/5/2013 1:13:35 PM
Ch3wy posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
Loshadt posted...
Probably not within the same year. Which is needlessly stupid, they delay it on PC hoping that PC players will run out an buy the console version so they can play it early, and then double-dip when it comes out on PC.

NO, they delay it because it can be pirated on PC, and now most people have a PC capable of runing the game, so they want people to BUY the console game instead of pirating it on pc

Which is why you should pirate it. They're basically giving you the OK for it here.

Do you think creating a proper pc port with all the options we are accustomed to is as easy as building a game for dedicated hardware that has no options? Could they delay the console versions so that the release days line up? Sure but I imagine they are hemorrhaging money as it is and need a little return on their investment. If the console versions are tweaked and optimized, release them. The PC version will take longer but understandably so.

Come on, this is strictly a Rockstar thing here. Other devs manage just fine.

They just don't have respect for the PC gaming community. At the very least they should have confirmed that there will be a PC version by now.

Developers don't own you respect, Wii U users could say the same you show your support whit your money, if console versions sell more, they will have priority, that is why the priority is usually like this PS3=360>PC>Wii U
---
#25Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/5/2013 1:14:36 PM
therickmu25 posted...
0% chance I pick this up on the crap consoles. Idc if I have to wait till 2015 for it on PC, that's the only version I'll buy

That is how you show support for your plataform, by BUYING the game!
---
#26HELZEROPosted 9/5/2013 1:15:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27KidInTheHallPosted 9/5/2013 1:22:25 PM
12 more days to go and we'll all be playing GTA V! Wheeee!!!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#28akuma634Posted 9/5/2013 2:19:06 PM
Nvidia did admit they were talking out their ass. As for this year, I'd say slim and none. If there is a PC version then it would probably be out in 2014.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#29SuperemppuPosted 9/5/2013 2:28:33 PM
I expect april 2014 for the PC/nextgen console versions. A new fiscal year and all. I'll buy the PS3 version when it launches and sell it and change to the PC version once it hits.
---
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.
#30KidInTheHallPosted 9/5/2013 2:29:58 PM
GTX 880 / GTA V PC combo will probably be my big 2014 purchase.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750