This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Razer Death Adder worth $49?

#41NinjaGuerraPosted 9/6/2013 3:19:10 AM
I had a deathadder and it was great for 4+ years, but I really recommend getting the mionix Naos 8200 for the comfort of it alone.

It's such a comfortable mouse.
---
Rhythm Game Enthusiast.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#42ZeraphLordSPosted 9/6/2013 4:01:04 AM
wow all the mouse misconceptions got cleared up before i even got here

nice job pch

the 1:1 revolution is here
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#43datopgamerPosted 9/6/2013 4:05:39 AM
You're going to get a lot of people who hate on Razer on these boards because some people have issues with their products. I for one have owned 5 different Razer products and have yet to have one fail on me.

The Deathadder is the best mouse I have tried so far, have tried the Abyssus, G500, G400 and a few other crappy logitech mice and the Deathadder is the most comfortable and the longest lasting. I bought a G500 for my laptop and after a few weeks I gave up on it because it just didn't feel right when gaming. My first deathadder is still going strong after over 3 years, not sure exactly how long I've had it and I'm too lazy to look through my Newegg orders. I now use that mouse on my laptop since I upgraded to a Deathadder 2013. So far the mouse is just as good if not a bit better. Only thing I don't like is they changed the light to green instead of blue. Easily worth $50 if you're in the market for a great mouse.

As for the Abyssus, the mouse works good but lacks side buttons. It's also too light for my taste, almost feels weightless. I originally got that mouse for my laptop but ended up using it on my computer at work instead. It's a solid entry-level mouse but if you can afford $50 go with the Deathadder, it's so much better.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#44aak57Posted 9/6/2013 4:26:35 AM
Listen to Grim. Mouse shape is unbelievably important. You can give me a G400, a "perfect" sensor mouse and I'll still do worse with it than a flawed sensor mouse like a Sensei because I'd hate the G400's shape.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#45TwinqePosted 9/6/2013 4:51:42 AM
My Deathadder was my first gaming mouse, and it broke after around 5 months or so. I loved it until then, though.

But the g400 is better for me. I have small hands, and the Deathadder felt like it was for people with larger hands. I mean, I have freakishly small hands, so maybe that was the problem. Regardless, the g400 is super comfortable to me, and aside from the USB cord issue, it's a great mouse.
---
i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | MSI Z77A-G45 | MSI GTX 760 | Corsair GS 600 | Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair GS 600 | CM Storm Scout II
#46A_Vengeful_PiePosted 9/6/2013 8:58:30 AM
The Death Adder is a very good mouse IMO, TC. The only problems I've had with mine are some tracking issues and the left mouse button sticks sometimes. But, mine is also 5 years old. I'd say yes, it is worth the $49.
---
---
i7-3930k | ASUS IV Rampage Extreme | GTX TITAN | 16GB Corsair Dominator | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB WD Black | Corsair 800D