This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How bugged up does my computer sound to you?

#1JamesOwnzMazPosted 9/5/2013 10:15:16 PM
It is slow... very, very slow.

For example.. if I go watch something and full screen it my computer is almost non useable after that.

If I leave my browser open for any amount of time that is pretty much it... it will take 10-20 seconds for any input to show on the screen and then if I click something to go to another page it will more or less just freeze.

It is just sooo slow I cannot believe it... to get any sort of use out of it I'd probably have to restart in 3-5 times a day but I work many hours so not nearly that much.. and to restart I have to hold the power button down as the start up bar takes far...far too long.
---
I Am The Architect
#2RavenoussdPosted 9/5/2013 10:18:14 PM
just throwing this out there

failing harddrive?

format reinstall OS, (reinstall drivers blah blah)

and see if the problem persists

if it does? something is wrong, if its speedy? then...well......yay
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#3JamesOwnzMaz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:20:18 PM
failing hard drive maybe..

I mean I do have two in there.. one was very,very old.. I would say 10 years.. and now to the computer it doesn't even exist lol.

I know I have to get a new computer...sometime but i'm cheap.
---
I Am The Architect
#4NingishzidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:24:01 PM
you don't say what OS, i assume >XP

ctrl+shift+esc calls up task manager, check to see what processes are hogging your resources

end those tasks if they're non-essential apps

try booting into safe mode with networking, see if running just bare essentials alleviates slowness

run MalwareBytes and some anti-v software

if all else fails, backup your crap and reinstall OS - cheaper to start fresh than fault find if you lack expertise

etc.
#5NingishzidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:25:56 PM
if you think failing HDD you can run free app to check, something like HDtune
#6JamesOwnzMaz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 1:54:34 AM
Can't be processes..

using 680/2240.

Should be plenty.. oh well.. guess I'll run HD test.
---
I Am The Architect