This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$3200 for my new build and I haven't even picked a video card yet...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $3200 for my new build and I haven't even picked a video card yet...
3 years ago#1
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Aw3d

The extra $1100 came from separate orders for peripherals (DeathAdder 2013 mouse, SideWinder X4 keyboard, an ASUS 27" monitor, a sound card, a Corsair sound system...and a chair.) I'm waiting for the new AMD 8000 series cards to finish my build.

I shouldn't be surprised. I've done very few ground-up builds in the past few decades. Usually I just get one or two ridiculously priced upgrade every year or so. Ordering it all nearly at the same time...this is gonna hurt. In a good way.

I based my picks almost entirely on ratings. Are there any glaringly idiotic choices I made? I don't plan on overclocking anything. I got two SSDs because I wanted my OS on one, and certain games (like Rome 2) on the other.
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
3 years ago#2
Moar power & Windows 7?
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
3 years ago#3
Why dont you get 1 SSD 256 GB it will be cheaper.
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
3 years ago#4
I'd definitely prefer 7, but I'm worried that at some point those Microsoft f***ers are gonna vomit out some new version of directx that will only work on 8. Or something like that.
The Garden Of Rama
3 years ago#5
DerPancake posted...
Why dont you get 1 SSD 256 GB it will be cheaper.

Done. For some reason I had it in my head that the system wouldn't run as smoothly if the OS shared an SSD with games I'm playing. I have no idea where that idea came from.
The Garden Of Rama
3 years ago#6
With that budget, why not get a 4930K? Or a mechanical keyboard? smh
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
3 years ago#7
The 4930K doesn't appear on my list, even if I have compatibility mode off. I'm not up-to-date enough on hardware to know when to go outside of this site to find newer parts.

A mechanical keyboard would be fun. I grew up with them in the 90s. I don't think they offer much other than a satisfying clunk sound.
The Garden Of Rama
3 years ago#8
Too bad it won't perform like you would expect from $3200.
3 years ago#9
Lemur_H posted...
Too bad it won't perform like you would expect from $3200.

Well considering he said he spent a good portion of his budget on peripherals and a chair...
3 years ago#10
If you go with a 1150 socket motherboard and a 4770K CPU you can spend the extra money on 2 8000 series cards when they come out and have much better performance.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $3200 for my new build and I haven't even picked a video card yet...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived