This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it true you can sell your own steam games?

#1IAMGIYGASPosted 9/6/2013 2:21:34 AM
I haven't been using steam for very long, but I heard you can do this. I have a couple games I don't really want anymore, and it be cool to get some steam wallet money for them...
---
I hate the fact I need to sleep. All that precious time could be going to something useful like video games.
#2iXCeeDPosted 9/6/2013 2:25:38 AM
Wow that would be nice but seems far fetched
#3anthrax360xPosted 9/6/2013 7:03:58 AM
"Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?

No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again."
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
#4claytonbuckleyPosted 9/6/2013 7:09:04 AM
Short answer is no

Long answer no, but if you buy games and keep them as gifts instead of right away putting them in your library, i guess you could sell them to people, but i don't think you'll be able to sell them on the Steam market place.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#5ShubPosted 9/6/2013 7:23:19 AM
No, I don't know where you heard that, but you were either lied to or you misunderstood. Sorry.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 9/6/2013 7:40:41 AM
No, because you didn't buy a game, you bought a license to play a game.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#7SteamsterPosted 9/6/2013 8:13:01 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
No, because you didn't buy a game, you bought a license to play a game.

That doesn't mean anything.

Valve just happens to not let you resell. There is no other reason than that.