This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you're not playing Outlast, you should be.

#1harcoreblazerPosted 9/6/2013 4:14:24 AM
Game sure is creepy as hell.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#2Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 4:25:37 AM
Dude I'm at work right now I'll get in trouble.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3pothocketPosted 9/6/2013 4:58:05 AM
Agreed. I had some friends over last night and let one of em play this game. Ten minutes in she freaked out and ended up jerking the controller so hard she unplugged it LOL.

Anyways, here's some screenshots I took

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038661033/screenshots/?appid=238320
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4harcoreblazer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 5:20:59 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Dude I'm at work right now I'll get in trouble.

So are you gonna let your work get in the way of video games?!.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#5pothocketPosted 9/6/2013 5:24:41 AM
Also, it's daylight now. With a game like this, that's practically cheating.
---
#6AlkVelronPosted 9/6/2013 6:23:47 AM
I'm not trying to be 'that guy' but the game really isn't that creepy. The formula boils down to a system that you can predict and work around. The enemies just aren't scary.
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM Account Name - NEREVAR117
"If this is the chosen way, then there's nothing left to say."
#7pothocketPosted 9/6/2013 6:37:50 AM
AlkVelron posted...
I'm not trying to be 'that guy' but the game really isn't that creepy. The formula boils down to a system that you can predict and work around. The enemies just aren't scary.

Yeah, don't be 'that guy'. I mean, I'm sure everyone is already aware it's just a game, right?

If I go to a haunted house I "know" that in-bred hillbilly with a chainsaw is just a teenager in a mask and the chainsaw has no chain. But I'm not about to insist that all my friends recognize that fact. They know, I know, and when he chases us we're still going to run for our lives. Because we want to be scared.
---
#8HaxnStashPosted 9/6/2013 7:00:09 AM(edited)
I would get this but I don't like the cat and mouse hunting mechanic. It destroys the exploration for me. It would be nice if there's no chase and hiding involved so I could take my time exploring stuff. This is what I hated about clock tower 3 and Silent Hill 4. It forces you explore stuff fast and not take your time because anytime, the enemy could be appearing to chase you.

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis is in my opinion the best on doing the cat and mouse chase. Once you deal with the Nemesis when he randomly appears, he won't bother you for a while until you reach a new area.

Remove those and it'll be golden for me. That and it's only 7 hours long from what I read on reviews. I'll get it during a steam sale at 75% off for sure.
#9Fade2black001Posted 9/6/2013 7:05:26 AM
Its only creepy if you make it out to be. Its all in your head.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10pothocketPosted 9/6/2013 7:51:39 AM(edited)
HaxnStash posted...
I would get this but I don't like the cat and mouse hunting mechanic. It destroys the exploration for me. It would be nice if there's no chase and hiding involved so I could take my time exploring stuff.

I'm about 2 hours into the game and every area I've been to so far has allowed me to thoroughly explore it at my own pace. It's not like Mirror's Edge where sections of the game force you to constantly run.
---