This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help finding a GPU cooler that will actually fit in my case.

#1TheWayOfTheGunPosted 9/6/2013 5:56:56 AM(edited)
I looking to SLI my 770 in a few months and I'd like an after market cooler. I was running 2 470's on stock cooling and my PC doubled as an electric heater. I'd rather not go that route this time.

My case is huge but my 1366 motherboard doesn't give up lots of room. Here's shot of what it looks like so far.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/IceThatJaw/photobucket-5706-1378471907342_zpsbf46b5ca.jpg

As you can see, that plastic piece with the EVGA logo sticks quite a bit so I wouldn't be able to mount anything on that side of the card unless it's only half an inch tall.

My only option is the top right side of the top card because as you can also see below, I will have to fight just to fit the second card in underneath it and there will zero space left after that.

Are there any decent options left?
#2urtvPosted 9/6/2013 5:58:01 AM
get a closed loop cooler and maybe if you turned the psu the other way,it would have less heat
#3TheWayOfTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 6:08:11 AM
Is it even recommended to face the PSU fan down into the floor of the case? That doesn't feel right.
#4PraetorXynPosted 9/6/2013 6:20:31 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Is it even recommended to face the PSU fan down into the floor of the case? That doesn't feel right.

It depends.

The most common place for a PSU in nice cases is in the bottom compartment. The nicest ones, like Corsari's for example, and Silver Stone's (maybe not theirs, but the TJ11 is the best case you can get), have mounts for you to orient the PSU either right-side-up or upside-down.

In the Corsair cases, the bottom of the case underneath the PSU has a filter, so that when the fan is used for intake dust won't get into it.

I think this will always be the case, as I've never seen a PSU where the fan was an exhaust fan. Not counting any of the cheap PSU's they use in pre-builts, as I haven't seen one of those in years.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9