This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trails in the Sky FC (Winter) and SC (2014) from Ys Creators hitting steam

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 9/6/2013 5:13:25 AM
http://kotaku.com/one-of-the-best-rpgs-on-psp-gets-a-sequel-and-a-pc-por-1261239221
#2pfantzypantzPosted 9/6/2013 5:36:03 AM
Oh lawdy yes, I saw the teases yesterday and wasn't sure. Too hype.
#3SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/6/2013 6:35:39 AM
AWESOME!!!!!
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#4SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/6/2013 6:41:55 AM
For those of you who aren't familiar with this game, the original is an absolute hidden gem. A PS1 style JRPG, which if it had come out for PS1, I would call it the best on the system.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#5Fade2black001Posted 9/6/2013 6:58:17 AM
Meh. I played this game on PSP. It has a good story but it doesn't have much for gameplay to it. Leveling up isnt necessary in the game. Its like the creators wanted you to just rush through the game and jsut enjoy it for the story. I was expecting more from it.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/6/2013 6:59:46 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Meh. I played this game on PSP. It has a good story but it doesn't have much for gameplay to it. Leveling up isnt necessary in the game. Its like the creators wanted you to just rush through the game and jsut enjoy it for the story. I was expecting more from it.

Like I said, PS1-style...
---
#7LevittaPosted 9/6/2013 7:08:35 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
I'm not sure I agree with the idea that you were suppose to just rush through the story considering Falcom took the time to give every NPC a story to tell. If anything it encouraged the idea of exploring the world they created and made it easy to avoid combat to accomplish that.
---
Trails in the Sky(PSP) has some of the best writing and most fleshed out setting I've seen in a RPG. Check it out if you're looking for an excellent RPG.
#8Fade2black001Posted 9/6/2013 7:21:14 AM
Levitta posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
I'm not sure I agree with the idea that you were suppose to just rush through the story considering Falcom took the time to give every NPC a story to tell. If anything it encouraged the idea of exploring the world they created and made it easy to avoid combat to accomplish that.

They made it easy to avoid combat because combat wasn't necessary to do in it. Im not saying rush through the story. I didn't mean that. What I meant to say is that its pretty much jsut a story game with VERY little combat to it. So its a story game with hardly any RPG elements to it. Leveling up and fght isnt necessary at all to do. Its like a book with video graphics and interaction to it. What are those called? Anyways... Exploration was optional as well and yield next to nothing for doing so to the player.

The game itself is easy as hell as well. They really just wanted you to enjoy the story without worrying about leveling up or anything else really. Well this what it seemed like to me anyways. Considering it took a lot to level anyways you didn't have to be that high at all to go through the game. I never completed it but this is what I saw.

I never really didn't get into the game either that much. I forgot where I left off at but I think people give it more credit then what it deserves but then again that's just me.

I guess it just wasn't my thing. A lot of people love it and enjoy it but It jsut didn't do it for me. I like leveling up and getting good items and equipment for my party etc etc. Its a nice concept but it just doesn't appeal to me.
---
#9Mogu_MoguPosted 9/6/2013 7:22:55 AM
Meh... no thanks. >_>
I already played a different version of that game called Tales of the Abyss... =_=
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#10Fade2black001Posted 9/6/2013 7:26:54 AM
Mogu_Mogu posted...
Meh... no thanks. >_>
I already played a different version of that game called Tales of the Abyss... =_=

I love that game
---